"Driver X" Concludes February 6
Jack Roush and his team of judges reviewed more than 1,700 applications and narrowed them down to a list of 25 drivers from across the United States, Canada and New Zealand in search of the best drivers to take part in this exclusive competition. After beginning the competition at Martinsville Speedway, 12 semi-finalists continued on to Darlington for summer 2005 filming at the track "Too Tough To Tame."
Five of those 12 semi-finalists visited Darlington Raceway on January 11, including Travis Kittleson, Danny O'Quinn, Erik Darnell, Jason Hogan and David Ragan. Although they were close-mouthed about the identity of the overall winner, all five expressed excitement about their prospects for the 2006 racing season, and expressed the desire to take another shot at taming, or at least subduing, NASCAR's most formidable superspeedway.
NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series racing returns to Darlington on Mother's Day weekend. The 2006 Dodge Charger 500 weekend will include practice and qualifying for both series on Friday, May 12, followed by the Diamond Hill Plywood 200 NASCAR Busch Series race under the lights that evening. Matt Kenseth won the event in 2005.
On Saturday, May 13, Darlington Raceway will host Cup Series racing for the 57th consecutive year. The 2006 Dodge Charger 500 will be run under the lights in its entirety. Greg Biffle is the defending champion.
- DENNY HAMLIN AND SPORT CLIPS TO HONOR MILITARY AT FT. BRAGG, UNVEIL "THROWBACK" SCHEME FOR DARLINGTON RACE WEEKEND
- NASCAR NATIONAL SERIES TRACKS TO OFFER FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- SOUTH CAROLINA’S OWN AND NASCAR HALL OF FAME MEMBER CALE YARBOROUGH TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 HONORARY PACE CAR DRIVER
- VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 THROWBACK PAINT SCHEME ON NASCAR.COM
- NASCAR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES RICHARD CHILDRESS, RICK HENDRICK, MARK MARTIN TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 GRAND MARSHALS