The Top 10 at Darlington: Jeff Gordon
No one could argue the point that among active drivers in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series, Jeff Gordon is the master of Darlington. Gordon leads all active drivers with six wins at the track "Too Tough To Tame," and is third on the all-time win list with six. His last victory came on Labor Day weekend of 2002.
Gordon has won the pole position at Darlington four times in 26 Cup Series starts. His average starting position has been sixth. He has posted an amazing 14 top five and 17 top 10 finishes with an average finish of 11th, and has led more than 1,500 laps.
Gordon will go down in the record books as the only driver in history to win four consecutive Labor Day weekend Southern 500s at Darlington. He is tied for all-time victories in that historic race with Cale Yarborough. Both drivers won the event five times.
Gordon is pictured here during one of the few relaxing moments at the action-packed 2006 Dodge Charger 500 weekend at Darlington.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO CELEBRATE SEASON KICKOFF WITH COMMUNITY WATCH PARTY ON SUNDAY, FEB. 21
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY RECEIVES ‘COMMUNITY PRIDE’ AWARD FROM GREATER DARLINGTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! COMMEMORATIVE TICKET DESIGN RETURNS FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S LABOR DAY WEEKEND EVENTS
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES START TIMES
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY FOUNDER HAROLD BRASINGTON HONORED WITH LANDMARK AWARD AT 2016 NASCAR HALL OF FAME CEREMONY