The Top 10 at Darlington: Mark Martin
Mark Martin is the all-time champion in the NASCAR Busch Series at Darlington Raceway. His first - and only - victory in the Cup Series, however, didn't come until 1993, when Martin finally added his name to the winners' list of the legendary Southern 500.
In an impressive 40 Cup Series starts at the track "Too Tough To Tame," Martin's best starting position has been at the head of the class; he earned the pole position twice. The fan and Darlington Raceway favorite has posted 16 top five and 25 top 10 finishes for an average finishing position of 12.230. He finished eighth in the 2006 Dodge Charger 500 after starting in the 17th position.
In this photo, Martin checks out the competition as he waits to qualify for the 2006 Dodge Charger 500 at Darlington.
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women’s History Museum
- RACE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS’ DANNY WHITE OFFICIALLY CERTIFIES BOJANGLES’ DARLINGTON MARATHON COURSES
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST ANNUAL BLOOD DRIVE EVENT ON SEPTEMBER 11
- “TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD & CHEVROLET” TO TAKE PLACE ON JULY 18
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY PRESIDENT CHIP WILE TO PARTICIPATE IN CHARITY RACE AT DILLON MOTOR SPEEDWAY