The Top 10 at Darlington: Mark Martin
Mark Martin is the all-time champion in the NASCAR Busch Series at Darlington Raceway. His first - and only - victory in the Cup Series, however, didn't come until 1993, when Martin finally added his name to the winners' list of the legendary Southern 500.
In an impressive 40 Cup Series starts at the track "Too Tough To Tame," Martin's best starting position has been at the head of the class; he earned the pole position twice. The fan and Darlington Raceway favorite has posted 16 top five and 25 top 10 finishes for an average finishing position of 12.230. He finished eighth in the 2006 Dodge Charger 500 after starting in the 17th position.
In this photo, Martin checks out the competition as he waits to qualify for the 2006 Dodge Charger 500 at Darlington.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY FOUNDER HAROLD BRASINGTON WAS A TRUE PIONEER FOR NASCAR
- TONY STEWART, DANICA PATRICK, AUSTIN DILLON, RICHARD PETTY SCHEDULED TO APPEAR IN DARLINGTON STRIPE ZONE HOSPITALITY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST BLOOD DRIVE ON MAY 20
- STEWART-HAAS RACING ANNOUNCES CLASSIC PAINT SCHEME PROGRAM FOR DARLINGTON
- SIGNATURE SOUTHERN FOODS OF THE 1970’s TO BE OFFERED DURING LABOR DAY RACE WEEKEND