2007 NEXTEL Cup Series race at Darlington to be called "Dodge Avenger 500"
To build awareness for the Avenger, the Carolina Dodge Dealers and Darlington Raceway have agreed to name the May 12 Nextel Cup Series race the "Dodge Avenger 500".
The Avenger replaces the Stratus in the Dodge lineup, and resembles the popular Charger in appearance.
Jeff Egolf, President of the Carolina Dodge Dealers Advertising Association, says, "Dodge has come out with the hottest products in the world, most recently with the all-new Dodge Caliber and Dodge Nitro, and now the introduction of the Dodge Avenger where high tech meets thrill. Bold aggressive styling runs throughout all Dodge products, and the Carolina Dodge Dealers are proud that we can showcase the Dodge product at the track where race fans know they can see the same type of racing -- bold and aggressive."
The 2007 Dodge Avenger 500 weekend will include practice and qualifying for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series plus the Diamond Hill Plywood 200 Busch Series race on Friday, May 11. Denny Hamlin is the defending race champion.
On Saturday evening, May 12, Darlington will host Cup Series racing for the 58th consecutive season. The 2007 Dodge Avenger 500 will once again be run under the lights in its entirety. Defending champion Greg Biffle will be going for his third win in a row at legendary Darlington Raceway. Kasey Kahne won the pole for the Carolina Dodge Dealers 400 in March 2004, and for the Dodge Charger 500 in May 2005 and 2006.
Tickets for all events are on sale now. For more information, call the Raceway ticket hotline toll-free at 866.459.RACE (7223), or log onto www.racetickets.com
Contact: Darlington Raceway public relations. 843.395.8892
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO SPONSOR COASTAL CAROLINA BASEBALL GAME ON SATURDAY, APRIL 8
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST PALMETTO GOODWILL GREAT PEE DEE YARD SALE ON SATURDAY, APRIL 22
- REGISTRATIONS STILL BEING ACCEPTED FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S SPRING FLING 5K EVENT ON APRIL 1
- THIRD YEAR OF BOJANGLES’ LEGENDS BREAKFAST WILL BRING NASCAR ICONS BACK TO DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY CREATES OVER $50 MILLION IN ECONOMIC IMPACT ANNUALLY FOR SOUTH CAROLINA’S PEE DEE REGION