Spectacular View of Race Track, Richmond Taking Shape
The unseasonably warm weather in Richmond has the construction of the new Commonwealth grandstand moving along at an excellent pace. The grandstand, which is comprised of three levels, the Mezzanine, Tower and a Club level called Torque, is on schedule to be completed in time for the track's NASCAR doubleheader weekend May 4-5.
Fans lucky enough to have seats in the new Grandstand will be treated to a spectacular, birds-eye view of the track and a breathtaking view of downtown Richmond and the surrounding counties. The 180-foot high grandstand is the largest structure in Henrico County, topping the tower at Richmond International Airport by two feet! Fans will have a tremendous view of both the track and the downtown skyline.
As of the first week in January, the framework is completed, the seats in the Mezzanine and Tower levels have been installed and the inside area of Torque is beginning to take shape.
Additional updates will be provided weekly, so stay tuned to www.rir.com for all the latest news!
And if you missed out on getting tickets in the new grandstand, be sure to call our ticket office at 866-455-RACE for more information on availability for 2007 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup tickets at America's Premiere Short Track!
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY OFFERING SPECIAL BLACK FRIDAY DEAL FOR HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON
- STRONG COMMUNITY PARTNERS SAM CARBIS SOLUTIONS GROUP, SMITHFIELD MAKE SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW A SUCCESS
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST “SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW” EVENT NOVEMBER 13-14
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! DARLINGTON RACEWAY'S BOJANGLES' SOUTHERN 500 SCHEDULED FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN 2016
- NASCAR DRIVERS JOEY LOGANO, JORDAN ANDERSON LEND SUPPORT FOR FLOOD RELIEF EFFORTS IN COLUMBIA, SC