Spectacular View of Race Track, Richmond Taking Shape
The unseasonably warm weather in Richmond has the construction of the new Commonwealth grandstand moving along at an excellent pace. The grandstand, which is comprised of three levels, the Mezzanine, Tower and a Club level called Torque, is on schedule to be completed in time for the track's NASCAR doubleheader weekend May 4-5.
Fans lucky enough to have seats in the new Grandstand will be treated to a spectacular, birds-eye view of the track and a breathtaking view of downtown Richmond and the surrounding counties. The 180-foot high grandstand is the largest structure in Henrico County, topping the tower at Richmond International Airport by two feet! Fans will have a tremendous view of both the track and the downtown skyline.
As of the first week in January, the framework is completed, the seats in the Mezzanine and Tower levels have been installed and the inside area of Torque is beginning to take shape.
Additional updates will be provided weekly, so stay tuned to www.rir.com for all the latest news!
And if you missed out on getting tickets in the new grandstand, be sure to call our ticket office at 866-455-RACE for more information on availability for 2007 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup tickets at America's Premiere Short Track!
- STATEMENT FROM ISC CEO LESA FRANCE KENNEDY ON THE PASSING OF BETTY JANE FRANCE
- DENNY HAMLIN AND SPORT CLIPS TO HONOR MILITARY AT FT. BRAGG, UNVEIL "THROWBACK" SCHEME FOR DARLINGTON RACE WEEKEND
- NASCAR NATIONAL SERIES TRACKS TO OFFER FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- SOUTH CAROLINA’S OWN AND NASCAR HALL OF FAME MEMBER CALE YARBOROUGH TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 HONORARY PACE CAR DRIVER
- VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 THROWBACK PAINT SCHEME ON NASCAR.COM