Jeff Burton To Make 450th Career Start at Darlington
Jeff Burton is set to reach another career milestone when he takes the green flag at Saturday’s Dodge Avenger 500 at Darlington Raceway for his 450th start in NASCAR’s premier series.
In his 15th year of NASCAR Cup Series competition, Burton has captured 19 victories, including his first at Texas Motor Speedway’s inaugural event in 1997; back-to-back wins at Darlington Raceway in 1999; two Coca-Cola 600 wins at Lowe’s Motor Speedway in 1999 and 2001; and a victory under the lights at Daytona International Speedway in 2000.
With eight top-five and 13 top-10 finishes in 24 starts, including the 1999 sweep, Darlington might just be the place where Burton secures his next milestone – his 20th series victory.
“It’s fitting that my 450th career start will take place at Darlington. It’s one of my favorite race tracks on the circuit,” said Burton. “What makes Darlington so special is the history that surrounds the track and how entrenched it is in our sport. It’s always an honor to race at Darlington and I’m looking forward to my 450th start at the track.”
So far this season, the South Boston, Va., native has earned one win (becoming the first repeat winner at Texas Motor Speedway), five top-five and six top-10 finishes, in an effort to clinch his second berth in NASCAR’s Chase for the Cup.
- KERRY THARP NAMED PRESIDENT OF DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- MULTI-PLATINUM RECORDING ARTISTS’ KANSAS TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY GEICO
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS ‘KIDS DAY’ PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, JUNE 18
- ALMIROLA AND STP THROWBACK TO 1979 AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA DECLARES “DARLINGTON RACEWAY WEEK”