ISC Mourns the Passing of Chairman Bill France
ISC CEO Jim France Assumes Role of Chairman
June 4, 2007 - International Speedway Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select Market: ISCA; OTC Bulletin Board: ISCB) ("ISC") announced today that William ("Bill") C. France, 74, ISC's Chairman, passed away this afternoon in Daytona Beach, Florida. Funeral arrangements are pending. Effective immediately, ISC Chief Executive Officer James ("Jim") C. France will assume the role of Chairman.
"For over four decades, Bill stood at the helm of a growing national phenomenon," said Jim France. "He successfully guided the sport into the American mainstream and elevated NASCAR racing to the pinnacle of motorsports. Bill was an extraordinary steward of the sport our father, 'Big' Bill France, founded over 60 years ago, and he led ISC on its tremendous path of success since taking the helm as Chief Executive Officer in 1981.
"Bill led the Company's extraordinary growth during his tenure," France continued. "In addition, he also established a strong foundation for the continued success of the company. He instilled into ISC's culture the insight, vision and leadership necessary for the company to continue building upon his accomplishments well into the future. Our strong management team remains in place, complemented by a fully committed Board of Directors, and we remain intently focused on successfully leading the Company into the future."
"My father will be sorely missed, not only by our family, but by all the lives he touched over his many years in the sport," said ISC President Lesa France Kennedy. "From drivers to owners to other track operators and professionals in the racing world, Bill France served as a champion for motorsports and his legacy is the renowned success that NASCAR and ISC have, and will continue to achieve."
Information for memorial considerations will be forthcoming and made available on www.iscmotorsports.com.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY OFFERING SPECIAL BLACK FRIDAY DEAL FOR HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON
- STRONG COMMUNITY PARTNERS SAM CARBIS SOLUTIONS GROUP, SMITHFIELD MAKE SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW A SUCCESS
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST “SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW” EVENT NOVEMBER 13-14
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! DARLINGTON RACEWAY'S BOJANGLES' SOUTHERN 500 SCHEDULED FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN 2016
- NASCAR DRIVERS JOEY LOGANO, JORDAN ANDERSON LEND SUPPORT FOR FLOOD RELIEF EFFORTS IN COLUMBIA, SC