Repaving A Legend: Week 1
Sometimes, it is necessary to tear down before building up. To that end, Darlington Raceway’s repaving project began on June 18 with the removal of the SAFER barriers.
Darlington’s SAFER (Steel and Foam Energy Reduction) barriers were installed in February 2004 and saw their first competition during the Carolina Dodge Dealers 400 weekend in March of that year. Tentative completion date for the repaving project is November 30.
- 2016 NASCAR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE TERRY LABONTE TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 GRAND MARSHAL
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY OFFERING “UNTAMED” ACCESS TO THE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY HOSTS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 MEDIA DAY AT GOVERNOR’S MANSION
- Sport Clips Haircuts Joins Darlington Raceway’s Tribute to the 1970’s
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM