Repaving A Legend: Week 1
Sometimes, it is necessary to tear down before building up. To that end, Darlington Raceway’s repaving project began on June 18 with the removal of the SAFER barriers.
Darlington’s SAFER (Steel and Foam Energy Reduction) barriers were installed in February 2004 and saw their first competition during the Carolina Dodge Dealers 400 weekend in March of that year. Tentative completion date for the repaving project is November 30.
- 354 UNITS OF BLOOD COLLECTED AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY BLOOD DRIVES IN 2014
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY, BOJANGLES’ EXTEND NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE ENTITLEMENT THROUGH 2019
- THE TRADITION RETURNS! DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 MOVING BACK TO LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN 2015
- 3,650 STRAIGHT DAYS! DARLINGTON MARATHON PARTICIPANT ROBBIE McLENDON TO ACHIEVE HIS ULTIMATE GOAL ON AUGUST 29
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women’s History Museum