Roll Up Your Sleeves and Help Save a Life
Darlington Raceway and the American Red Cross would like to give race fans and good community citizens the chance of a lifetime - beat NASCAR's greatest drivers to the finish line on the raceway's new asphalt!
On Tuesday, September 11, the NASCAR Foundation Blood and Bone Marrow Drive will be launched at racetracks nationwide, and donors visiting Darlington Raceway that day will receive a voucher to drive paced laps around the track on one of three Saturdays in early 2008 as well as free admission to the Darlington Raceway Stock Car Museum.
The program is sponsored by the NASCAR Foundation, the Hendrick Marrow Program and the Jimmie Johnson Foundation. Darlington Raceway is one of the participating facilities.
"We are looking forward to the second annual NASCAR Foundation Blood and Marrow Drive, and to building on last year's success," said NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Champion Jimmie Johnson. "I encourage fans everywhere to roll up their sleeves and help save a life on September 11th."
In addition to giving blood, fans are also encouraged to join the National Marrow Donor Program Registry of volunteers. Every day, thousands of patients with life-threatening diseases which could be treated with a marrow transplant are searching the Registry for a donor.
The NASCAR Foundation Blood and Bone Marrow Drive will take place in Darlington Raceway's Infield Media Center on Tuesday, September 11 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Donors need to enter the property at Gate 31 off Race Track Road and follow the signs to the Media Center. To register in advance visit www.darlingtonraceway.com or href="http://www.givelife.org/"> www.givelife.org.
For more information, contact Darlington Raceway public relations at 843.395.8892.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO CELEBRATE SEASON KICKOFF WITH COMMUNITY WATCH PARTY ON SUNDAY, FEB. 21
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY RECEIVES ‘COMMUNITY PRIDE’ AWARD FROM GREATER DARLINGTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! COMMEMORATIVE TICKET DESIGN RETURNS FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S LABOR DAY WEEKEND EVENTS
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES START TIMES
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY FOUNDER HAROLD BRASINGTON HONORED WITH LANDMARK AWARD AT 2016 NASCAR HALL OF FAME CEREMONY