Repaving Begins at Darlington Raceway
Darlington, SC (November 5, 2007) – Another historical moment took place last week on the hallowed grounds of legendary Darlington Raceway as paving crews began the intimidating challenge of repaving NASCAR’s first paved superspeedway.
The $10-million repaving project includes new asphalt around the entire 1.366-mile oval, concrete pit stalls and a new infield access tunnel underneath turn three. All construction will be completed in time for the Dodge Challenger 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series weekend, May 8 – 10, 2008.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S PALMETTO GOODWILL GREAT PEE DEE YARD SALE SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, APRIL 22
- MULTI-PLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST BRET MICHAELS TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO SPONSOR COASTAL CAROLINA BASEBALL GAME ON SATURDAY, APRIL 8
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST PALMETTO GOODWILL GREAT PEE DEE YARD SALE ON SATURDAY, APRIL 22
- REGISTRATIONS STILL BEING ACCEPTED FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S SPRING FLING 5K EVENT ON APRIL 1