Repaving Begins at Darlington Raceway
Darlington, SC (November 5, 2007) – Another historical moment took place last week on the hallowed grounds of legendary Darlington Raceway as paving crews began the intimidating challenge of repaving NASCAR’s first paved superspeedway.
The $10-million repaving project includes new asphalt around the entire 1.366-mile oval, concrete pit stalls and a new infield access tunnel underneath turn three. All construction will be completed in time for the Dodge Challenger 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series weekend, May 8 – 10, 2008.
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA
- ‘TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD CHEVROLET’ ON JUNE 19 POSTPONED DUE TO POTENTIAL HEAT ADVISORY
- Elliott’s throwback NAPA scheme inspired by ‘Awesome Bill’ at Darlington
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST OPEN NASCAR TEST SESSION ON JUNE 10
- STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA DECLARES “DARLINGTON RACEWAY WEEK” IN SOUTH CAROLINA