Repaving Begins at Darlington Raceway
Darlington, SC (November 5, 2007) – Another historical moment took place last week on the hallowed grounds of legendary Darlington Raceway as paving crews began the intimidating challenge of repaving NASCAR’s first paved superspeedway.
The $10-million repaving project includes new asphalt around the entire 1.366-mile oval, concrete pit stalls and a new infield access tunnel underneath turn three. All construction will be completed in time for the Dodge Challenger 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series weekend, May 8 – 10, 2008.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES CELEBRATION DATES FOR THROWBACK WEEKEND IN 2017
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY MEDICAL TEAM EARNS AWARD AT NASCAR SUMMIT PRESENTED BY AMR
- IT’S OFFICIAL! DARLINGTON RACEWAY NOW HOSTS “THE OFFICIAL THROWBACK WEEKEND OF NASCAR”
- NASCAR ANNOUNCES MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP WITH MONSTER ENERGY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY OFFERING SPECIAL CYBER WEEK DEAL FOR HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON