Repaving Begins at Darlington Raceway
Darlington, SC (November 5, 2007) – Another historical moment took place last week on the hallowed grounds of legendary Darlington Raceway as paving crews began the intimidating challenge of repaving NASCAR’s first paved superspeedway.
The $10-million repaving project includes new asphalt around the entire 1.366-mile oval, concrete pit stalls and a new infield access tunnel underneath turn three. All construction will be completed in time for the Dodge Challenger 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series weekend, May 8 – 10, 2008.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO CELEBRATE SEASON KICKOFF WITH COMMUNITY WATCH PARTY ON SUNDAY, FEB. 21
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY RECEIVES ‘COMMUNITY PRIDE’ AWARD FROM GREATER DARLINGTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! COMMEMORATIVE TICKET DESIGN RETURNS FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S LABOR DAY WEEKEND EVENTS
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES START TIMES
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY FOUNDER HAROLD BRASINGTON HONORED WITH LANDMARK AWARD AT 2016 NASCAR HALL OF FAME CEREMONY