Repaving Begins at Darlington Raceway
Darlington, SC (November 5, 2007) – Another historical moment took place last week on the hallowed grounds of legendary Darlington Raceway as paving crews began the intimidating challenge of repaving NASCAR’s first paved superspeedway.
The $10-million repaving project includes new asphalt around the entire 1.366-mile oval, concrete pit stalls and a new infield access tunnel underneath turn three. All construction will be completed in time for the Dodge Challenger 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series weekend, May 8 – 10, 2008.
- JLF BRINGS TOUCH A TRUCK TO THE PEE DEE
- DARLINGTON COUNTY EDUCATION FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES COUNTRY CONCERT AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY CELEBRATES HISTORY WITH TUNNEL BRANDING PROJECT
- “TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD CHEVROLET” RETURNS TO DARLINGTON RACEWAY!
- BOJANGLES’ LEGENDS BREAKFAST BRINGS NASCAR HALL OF FAMERS TO DARLINGTON RACEWAY