Repaving Begins at Darlington Raceway
Darlington, SC (November 5, 2007) – Another historical moment took place last week on the hallowed grounds of legendary Darlington Raceway as paving crews began the intimidating challenge of repaving NASCAR’s first paved superspeedway.
The $10-million repaving project includes new asphalt around the entire 1.366-mile oval, concrete pit stalls and a new infield access tunnel underneath turn three. All construction will be completed in time for the Dodge Challenger 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series weekend, May 8 – 10, 2008.
- 2016 NASCAR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE TERRY LABONTE TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 GRAND MARSHAL
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY OFFERING “UNTAMED” ACCESS TO THE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY HOSTS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 MEDIA DAY AT GOVERNOR’S MANSION
- Sport Clips Haircuts Joins Darlington Raceway’s Tribute to the 1970’s
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM