Top It Off
Darlington, SC (November 19, 2007) – The first of thirty-nine sections of pre-cast roofing for Darlington Raceway’s new infield access tunnel were installed today. These pre-fabricated pieces weigh approximately 15 tons each and require a 650 ton capacity crane to drop them in place.
Once the tunnel roof section placement is completed, the project team will grout the interior seams, waterproof the exterior of the tunnel roof, and backfill. Estimated completion date for this portion of the $10 million improvement project is mid-December.
For more information: Darlington Raceway Public Relations at 843-395-8823.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY RECEIVES ‘COMMUNITY PRIDE’ AWARD FROM GREATER DARLINGTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! COMMEMORATIVE TICKET DESIGN RETURNS FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S LABOR DAY WEEKEND EVENTS
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES START TIMES
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY FOUNDER HAROLD BRASINGTON HONORED WITH LANDMARK AWARD AT 2016 NASCAR HALL OF FAME CEREMONY
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES CELEBRATION DATES FOR THROWBACK WEEKEND IN 2016