Top It Off
Darlington, SC (November 19, 2007) – The first of thirty-nine sections of pre-cast roofing for Darlington Raceway’s new infield access tunnel were installed today. These pre-fabricated pieces weigh approximately 15 tons each and require a 650 ton capacity crane to drop them in place.
Once the tunnel roof section placement is completed, the project team will grout the interior seams, waterproof the exterior of the tunnel roof, and backfill. Estimated completion date for this portion of the $10 million improvement project is mid-December.
For more information: Darlington Raceway Public Relations at 843-395-8823.
- RACE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS’ DANNY WHITE OFFICIALLY CERTIFIES BOJANGLES’ DARLINGTON MARATHON COURSES
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST ANNUAL BLOOD DRIVE EVENT ON SEPTEMBER 11
- “TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD & CHEVROLET” TO TAKE PLACE ON JULY 18
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY PRESIDENT CHIP WILE TO PARTICIPATE IN CHARITY RACE AT DILLON MOTOR SPEEDWAY
- NEWSPRING CHURCH OF FLORENCE TO HOST RACE DAY 500 FESTIVAL AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY ON JULY 12