Top It Off
Darlington, SC (November 19, 2007) – The first of thirty-nine sections of pre-cast roofing for Darlington Raceway’s new infield access tunnel were installed today. These pre-fabricated pieces weigh approximately 15 tons each and require a 650 ton capacity crane to drop them in place.
Once the tunnel roof section placement is completed, the project team will grout the interior seams, waterproof the exterior of the tunnel roof, and backfill. Estimated completion date for this portion of the $10 million improvement project is mid-December.
For more information: Darlington Raceway Public Relations at 843-395-8823.
- STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA DECLARES “DARLINGTON RACEWAY WEEK” IN SOUTH CAROLINA
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY FOUNDER HAROLD BRASINGTON WAS A TRUE PIONEER FOR NASCAR
- TONY STEWART, DANICA PATRICK, AUSTIN DILLON, RICHARD PETTY SCHEDULED TO APPEAR IN DARLINGTON STRIPE ZONE HOSPITALITY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST BLOOD DRIVE ON MAY 20
- STEWART-HAAS RACING ANNOUNCES CLASSIC PAINT SCHEME PROGRAM FOR DARLINGTON