Top It Off
Darlington, SC (November 19, 2007) – The first of thirty-nine sections of pre-cast roofing for Darlington Raceway’s new infield access tunnel were installed today. These pre-fabricated pieces weigh approximately 15 tons each and require a 650 ton capacity crane to drop them in place.
Once the tunnel roof section placement is completed, the project team will grout the interior seams, waterproof the exterior of the tunnel roof, and backfill. Estimated completion date for this portion of the $10 million improvement project is mid-December.
For more information: Darlington Raceway Public Relations at 843-395-8823.
- POKÉMON GO PLAYERS CAN EXPLORE DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- JEFF GORDON TICKET PACKAGE TO BE OFFERED FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500
- Circle Sport - Leavine Family Racing to Honor Richard Childress with No. 95 Throwback Paint Scheme at Darlington Raceway
- KERRY THARP NAMED PRESIDENT OF DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- MULTI-PLATINUM RECORDING ARTISTS’ KANSAS TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY GEICO