Top It Off
Darlington, SC (November 19, 2007) – The first of thirty-nine sections of pre-cast roofing for Darlington Raceway’s new infield access tunnel were installed today. These pre-fabricated pieces weigh approximately 15 tons each and require a 650 ton capacity crane to drop them in place.
Once the tunnel roof section placement is completed, the project team will grout the interior seams, waterproof the exterior of the tunnel roof, and backfill. Estimated completion date for this portion of the $10 million improvement project is mid-December.
For more information: Darlington Raceway Public Relations at 843-395-8823.
- 2016 NASCAR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE TERRY LABONTE TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 GRAND MARSHAL
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY OFFERING “UNTAMED” ACCESS TO THE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY HOSTS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 MEDIA DAY AT GOVERNOR’S MANSION
- Sport Clips Haircuts Joins Darlington Raceway’s Tribute to the 1970’s
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM