RACE CARS SET TO MAKE RETURN TO DARLINGTON RACEWAY ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND
Darlington, SC (December 12, 2007) – Darlington Raceway officials announced today the thundering roar of racing engines will once again resonate around the legendary 1.366-mile oval on Labor Day weekend next year with the inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival August 30-31, 2008.
The Darlington Historic Racing Festival will feature legendary cars and drivers from a variety of racing series, including NASCAR and Indy Car, from the 1950’s through the 1970’s. The festival will offer both the young and seasoned race fan a chance to meet the drivers and see the machines that made auto racing the hugely popular sport it is today.
“We are absolutely thrilled to bring more than 100 vintage race cars to Darlington Raceway on Labor Day weekend,” said Chris Browning, Darlington Raceway President. “Auto racing fans are incredibly proud of the sport’s history, and we feel there is no better venue than Darlington Raceway to bring the sports legendary drivers and cars back together for a weekend of celebration and fun.”
Racing personalities who have already agreed to participate include legendary driver and car owner Junior Johnson, Daytona 500 winner Buddy Baker, three-time NASCAR Cup champion Darrell Waltrip, ten-time Darlington Raceway winner David Pearson, championship car owner Bud Moore and former driver Cotton Owens.
The Darlington Historic Racing Festival will offer fans two days of excitement featuring question and answer sessions with the legends, exhibition laps by the historic race cars, autograph sessions, a large display and vendor area, car carousels, and a variety of other activities.
Tickets for the event are $15 per day or $25 for the entire weekend, kids age 12 and under will be admitted free. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at www.racetickets.com.
For more information contact: Jake Harris, Darlington Raceway Public Relations at 843-395-8823.
- Sport Clips Haircuts Joins Darlington Raceway’s Tribute to the 1970’s
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM
- SUPPORT THE VFW’s SPORT CLIPS HELP A HERO SCHOLARSHIPS BY PURCHASING A NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE TICKET AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA