RICKY CRAVEN TRADES HIS HELMET FOR A HARDHAT AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
DARLINGTON, S.C. (December 5, 2007) – Ricky Craven returned to Darlington Raceway today to once again leave his mark on NASCAR’s original superspeedway.
This time instead of beating his competitors to the finish line by a fraction of a second, he was helping construction crews cut the historic finish line out of the asphalt for enshrinement into the Darlington Raceway Museum and National Motorsports Press Association (NMPA) Hall of Fame.
“A lot of comparisons are made, but Darlington is so unique, so special to the sport,” said Craven. “I am happy they are making the capital improvements but not changing the character and personality of the track.”
Craven knows the track’s character and personality well. On March 16, 2003 Craven recorded his second career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series victory edging out Kurt Busch by only .002 thousandths of a second. His win set the record for the closest margin of victory in NASCAR history.
“Winning at Darlington is what was important,” said Craven. “As the years have gone on it has been about the event and the spectacular finish, but as a racer it was always about winning at Darlington.”
For more information contact: Jake Harris, Darlington Raceway Public Relations at 843-395-8823.
- Sport Clips Haircuts Joins Darlington Raceway’s Tribute to the 1970’s
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM
- SUPPORT THE VFW’s SPORT CLIPS HELP A HERO SCHOLARSHIPS BY PURCHASING A NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE TICKET AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA