Car-Hungry Wall Under Assembly at Darlington Raceway
Darlington, S.C. (Feb. 4, 2008) – The infamous wall that has dashed so many Darlington dreams and caused countless “Darlington Stripes” began to take shape on Monday as crews re-assembled the outer SAFER barrier wall at Darlington Raceway.
Paving began at the track “Too Tough to Tame” in the mid January and with the outer groove of the track complete, construction crews are now focusing on finishing the racing surface and infield access tunnel in advance of the 2008 Dodge Challenger 500.
The new asphalt surface at Darlington Raceway is part of a $10 million dollar capital improvement project that began following the 2007 Dodge Avenger 500. In addition to the new racing surface, work is also underway to complete a new infield access tunnel large enough to accommodate race car haulers, motorcoaches and emergency vehicles.
Don’t miss your chance to see the stars of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series as they take on the track “Too Tough to Tame” in the Dodge Challenger 500 on May 10, 2008. The racing action kicks off with the USAC Silver Crown Series and the NASCAR Nationwide Series Diamond Hill Plywood 200 on May 8th and 9th, respectively. Order your tickets and Colvin Grill all-you-can-eat package now by calling 1-866-459-RACE or logging onto http://www.racetickets.com.
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM
- SUPPORT THE VFW’s SPORT CLIPS HELP A HERO SCHOLARSHIPS BY PURCHASING A NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE TICKET AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA
- ‘TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD CHEVROLET’ ON JUNE 19 POSTPONED DUE TO POTENTIAL HEAT ADVISORY