Jeff Gordon Takes Home a Historic Piece of Darlington Raceway
While Jeff Gordon wasn’t making history at Darlington Raceway on Wednesday; he was taking home a piece of it. Gordon was presented with a piece of the historic start-finish line from Darlington Raceway by track president, Chris Browning.
“Jeff’s impressive performance at Darlington Raceway speaks for itself,” said Browning. “He has challenged the track ‘Too Tough to Tame’ more over the past 12 years than anyone else.”
Gordon’s first win at Darlington came in the 1995 Southern 500 and he hasn’t looked back since, recording six additional victories including the 1997 Southern 500 where he was awarded the Winston Million bonus and most recently the 2007 Dodge Avenger 500.
“Darlington has been such a special track to me throughout my career,” said Gordon. “To win at Darlington means so much because of the historical significance of the race track and I am honored that I will always have a piece of the track ‘Too Tough to Tame’ to call my own.”
In addition to his seven victories at Darlington, Gordon also has 15 top-five and 18 top-10 finishes, as well as three poles.
Don’t miss your chance to see Jeff Gordon and the stars of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series as they take on the track “Too Tough to Tame” in the Dodge Challenger 500 on May 10, 2008. The racing action kicks off with the USAC Silver Crown Series and the NASCAR Nationwide Series Diamond Hill Plywood 200 on May 8th and 9th, respectively. Order your tickets and Colvin Grill all-you-can-eat package now by calling 1-866-459-RACE or logging onto http://www.racetickets.com.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST PALMETTO GOODWILL GREAT PEE DEE YARD SALE ON SATURDAY, APRIL 22
- REGISTRATIONS STILL BEING ACCEPTED FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S SPRING FLING 5K EVENT ON APRIL 1
- THIRD YEAR OF BOJANGLES’ LEGENDS BREAKFAST WILL BRING NASCAR ICONS BACK TO DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY CREATES OVER $50 MILLION IN ECONOMIC IMPACT ANNUALLY FOR SOUTH CAROLINA’S PEE DEE REGION
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES STAGE LENGTHS FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND RACES