Capital Improvement Project at Darlington Raceway Enters Final Lap
DARLINGTON, S.C. (March 3, 2008) – It has been several months since the green-flag waved on the $10 million capital improvement project at Darlington Raceway, and now the project in on the final lap.
“We are very excited to be in the final stages of this project,” said Chris Browning, Darlington Raceway President. “This is the first step in a five-year plan at Darlington Raceway and I am very excited about the future of this great facility.”
The $10 million investment was the largest one-time investment in the 50-year history of the storied South Carolina facility. In addition to the new racing surface, several other enhancements were made with driver and crew safety in mind including the addition of SAFER barrier walls to the interior frontstretch and backstretch concrete walls and extending the length of each pit box by one foot. The addition of a new infield access tunnel in Turn 3 will also allow emergency vehicles to easily enter and exit the infield area of the track.
“Competitor safety is of utmost importance,” said Browning. “The addition of the SAFER barrier to interior concrete walls, expanding our pit stalls and the addition of the infield access tunnel all enhance overall safety at Darlington Raceway.”
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM
- SUPPORT THE VFW’s SPORT CLIPS HELP A HERO SCHOLARSHIPS BY PURCHASING A NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE TICKET AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA
- ‘TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD CHEVROLET’ ON JUNE 19 POSTPONED DUE TO POTENTIAL HEAT ADVISORY