Tough Times Call for a Trip to the Track Too Tough to Tame
DARLINGTON, S.C. (April 29, 2008) – Economic times are tough and tough times call for a trip to the track “Too Tough to Tame.”
Race fans looking for ways to spend their economic stimulus payments from the federal government need look no further than the Dodge Challenger 500 race weekend, May 8-10 at Darlington Raceway.
“Timing of the Dodge Challenger 500 could not be better for race fans,” said track President Chris Browning. “Stimulus funds began being transmitted from the Internal Revenue Service on April 28, just in time for race fans to get their tickets to the upcoming race weekend at Darlington Raceway.”
Fans who wish to spend some of their stimulus money at Darlington Raceway have plenty of options:
• Tickets to the Dodge Challenger 500: Ticket prices start as low as $45 and great seats on the frontstretch are still available. Tickets to the mother of all race tracks make a great Mother’s Day gift.
• Tickets to the Diamond Hill Plywood 200: Ticket prices start as low as $30 and get you admission for a full day of on-track activity. Each Friday ticket includes Sprint Cup Series practice, Sprint Cup and Nationwide qualifying and the excitement of Nationwide Series racing under the lights at Darlington – an amazing deal, all for only $30.
• Darlington Raceway Stock Car Museum and NMPA Hall of Fame: Are you an old school NASCAR fan? We have got the answer for you; a trip to the Darlington Raceway Stock Car Museum and National Motorsports Press Association (NMPA) Hall of Fame. The Darlington Raceway Stock Car Museum and NMPA are located just behind the Colvin grandstands at Darlington Raceway. Fans who tour the museum will be treated to some of the most legendary cars of NASCAR’s yesteryear, including the Plymouth Johnny Mantz drove to victory in the first Southern 500 in 1950. Fans can see all of this and much more for only $5.40.
• Driver Gear: Still trying to get your wardrobe up-to-date with your driver’s new colors for 2008? Look no further than the gift shop at Darlington Raceway. The gift shop at Darlington Raceway can help get you outfitted in the latest driver apparel for your favorite driver. Located behind the Colvin grandstand, the Darlington Raceway gift shop carries all of the latest in driver apparel, die-cast and other novelty items to help you show your support for your favorite driver.
• Darlington Stripe Zone: For fans looking for the ultimate Darlington Raceway experience look no further than the Darlington Stripe Zone. The pre-race Stripe Zone package includes: appearances by current Sprint Cup Series stars Clint Bowyer and Kasey Kahne, pre-race pit passes, a premium parking pass with each order, pre-race food and beverage, track souvenir, live entertainment, and additional giveaways. This package can be added to any grandstand ticket for the Dodge Challenger 500 for only $140.
Don’t miss your chance to see another incredible finish at Darlington Raceway when the stars of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series take on the track “Too Tough to Tame” in the Dodge Challenger 500 on May 10, 2008. The racing action kicks off with the NASCAR Nationwide Series Diamond Hill Plywood 200 on May 9th. Order your tickets now by calling 1-866-459-RACE or logging onto http://www.racetickets.com.
- 354 UNITS OF BLOOD COLLECTED AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY BLOOD DRIVES IN 2014
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY, BOJANGLES’ EXTEND NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE ENTITLEMENT THROUGH 2019
- THE TRADITION RETURNS! DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 MOVING BACK TO LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN 2015
- 3,650 STRAIGHT DAYS! DARLINGTON MARATHON PARTICIPANT ROBBIE McLENDON TO ACHIEVE HIS ULTIMATE GOAL ON AUGUST 29
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women’s History Museum