Tickets Are On-Sale Now for Inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival
DARLINGTON, S.C. (May 27, 2008) – Tickets are on-sale now for the inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival, Labor Day weekend, August 30-31.
The Darlington Historic Racing Festival will feature legendary cars and drivers from a variety of racing series, including NASCAR and Indy Car, from the 1950’s through the 1970’s. The festival will offer both the young and seasoned race fan a chance to meet the drivers and see the machines that made auto racing the hugely popular sport it is today.
“We are absolutely thrilled to bring more than 100 vintage race cars to Darlington Raceway on Labor Day weekend,” said Chris Browning, Darlington Raceway President. “Auto racing fans are incredibly proud of the sport’s history, and we feel there is no better venue than Darlington Raceway to bring the sports legendary drivers and cars back together for a weekend of celebration and fun.”
Racing personalities who have already agreed to participate include legendary driver and car owner Junior Johnson, Daytona 500 winner Buddy Baker, three-time NASCAR Cup champion Darrell Waltrip, ten-time Darlington Raceway winner David Pearson, championship car owner Bud Moore and former driver Cotton Owens.
The Darlington Historic Racing Festival will offer fans two days of excitement featuring question and answer sessions with the legends, exhibition laps by the historic race cars, autograph sessions, a large display and vendor area, car carousels, and a variety of other activities.
Don’t miss your chance to see stock cars return to Darlington Raceway this Labor Day weekend, August 30-31, for the inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival. Tickets for the event are $15 per day or $25 for the entire weekend, kids age 12 and under will be admitted free. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at www.racetickets.com.
- RICHARD CHILDRESS RACING TO CELEBRATE ORGANIZATION'S FIRST PREMIER SERIES WIN DURING DARLINGTON THROWBACK WEEKEND
- GERMAIN RACING UNVEILS SMOKEY YUNICK BLACK/GOLD NO. 13 GEICO CHEVROLET SS FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY'S BOJANGLES' SOUTHERN 500
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 SCHEDULED FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN 2017
- AJ ALLMENDINGER, JTG DAUGHERTY RACING ANNOUNCE THROWBACK PAINT SCHEME FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO OFFER AFFORDABLE SOUTHERN FOOD OPTIONS FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND