Darlington Historic Racing Festival Boasts Entries from 22 Different States
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Aug. 21, 2008) – Darlington Raceway has long been considered hallowed ground for racers and race fans alike, and that tradition will continue with the Inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival Presented by Vintage Oval Racing Magazine and Victory Lane Magazine.
Entries for the inaugural festival have been received from 22 different states including several entries from the west coast and northeast.
“We have received entries from coast to coast,” said Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning. “To have such a large pool of entries for an inaugural event like this shows how much admiration people have for Darlington Raceway and all of the history here.”
All entries will be divided into one of five car classes and given track time to turn laps at Darlington Raceway twice each day during the event. The classes will be broken down into five distinctive types of race cars including: stock cars, Indy roadsters, modifieds, sprint cars and midgets.
The Darlington Historic Racing Festival will offer fans two days of excitement featuring question and answer sessions with the legends, exhibition laps by the historic race cars, autograph sessions, a large display and vendor area, car corrals, kid zone and a variety of other activities.
Don’t miss your chance to see stock cars return to Darlington Raceway this Labor Day weekend, August 30-31, for the Inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival. Tickets for the event are $15 per day or $25 for the entire weekend, kids age 12 and under will be admitted free. Camping is also available for this event, tent sites can be purchased for $10, RV spots are $25. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST “SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW” EVENT NOVEMBER 7-8
- 354 UNITS OF BLOOD COLLECTED AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY BLOOD DRIVES IN 2014
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY, BOJANGLES’ EXTEND NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE ENTITLEMENT THROUGH 2019
- THE TRADITION RETURNS! DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 MOVING BACK TO LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN 2015
- 3,650 STRAIGHT DAYS! DARLINGTON MARATHON PARTICIPANT ROBBIE McLENDON TO ACHIEVE HIS ULTIMATE GOAL ON AUGUST 29