Darlington Historic Racing Festival Boasts Entries from 22 Different States
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Aug. 21, 2008) – Darlington Raceway has long been considered hallowed ground for racers and race fans alike, and that tradition will continue with the Inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival Presented by Vintage Oval Racing Magazine and Victory Lane Magazine.
Entries for the inaugural festival have been received from 22 different states including several entries from the west coast and northeast.
“We have received entries from coast to coast,” said Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning. “To have such a large pool of entries for an inaugural event like this shows how much admiration people have for Darlington Raceway and all of the history here.”
All entries will be divided into one of five car classes and given track time to turn laps at Darlington Raceway twice each day during the event. The classes will be broken down into five distinctive types of race cars including: stock cars, Indy roadsters, modifieds, sprint cars and midgets.
The Darlington Historic Racing Festival will offer fans two days of excitement featuring question and answer sessions with the legends, exhibition laps by the historic race cars, autograph sessions, a large display and vendor area, car corrals, kid zone and a variety of other activities.
Don’t miss your chance to see stock cars return to Darlington Raceway this Labor Day weekend, August 30-31, for the Inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival. Tickets for the event are $15 per day or $25 for the entire weekend, kids age 12 and under will be admitted free. Camping is also available for this event, tent sites can be purchased for $10, RV spots are $25. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA
- ‘TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD CHEVROLET’ ON JUNE 19 POSTPONED DUE TO POTENTIAL HEAT ADVISORY
- Elliott’s throwback NAPA scheme inspired by ‘Awesome Bill’ at Darlington
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST OPEN NASCAR TEST SESSION ON JUNE 10