Darlington Historic Racing Festival Driver Appearance Schedule Released
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Aug. 5, 2008) – The driver appearance schedule for the Inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival has been released track president Chris Browning announced today.
Darrell Waltrip and Junior Johnson will kickoff the festival’s question and answer sessions on Saturday, August 30 in the Legends Pavilion tent at 10:30 a.m. Waltrip and Johnson will then be joined by former crew chief “Chargin” Charlie Glotzbach for a 30-minute autograph session before turning laps at the track “Too Tough to Tame.”
Three time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion and South Carolina native David Pearson will be joined by legendary car owner and mechanic Leonard Wood to field questions from fans in the Legends Pavilion tent beginning at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, August 31. Pearson and Wood will also participate in a 30-minute autograph session immediately following the conclusion of the question and answer session.
Other legends participating in the Inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival include South Carolina natives Bud Moore and Cotton Owens, Waddell Wilson, Ray Fox, Ned Jarrett, Rex White, Raymond Parks, Buddy Baker, Marvin Panch and Bobby Allison.
The Darlington Historic Racing Festival will offer fans two days of excitement featuring question and answer sessions with the legends, exhibition laps by the historic race cars, autograph sessions, a large display and vendor area, car corrals, kid zone and a variety of other activities.
Don’t miss your chance to see stock cars return to Darlington Raceway this Labor Day weekend, August 30-31, for the Inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival. Tickets for the event are $15 per day or $25 for the entire weekend, kids age 12 and under will be admitted free. Camping is also available for this event, tent sites can be purchased for $10, RV spots are $25. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- DENNY HAMLIN AND SPORT CLIPS TO HONOR MILITARY AT FT. BRAGG, UNVEIL "THROWBACK" SCHEME FOR DARLINGTON RACE WEEKEND
- NASCAR NATIONAL SERIES TRACKS TO OFFER FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- SOUTH CAROLINA’S OWN AND NASCAR HALL OF FAME MEMBER CALE YARBOROUGH TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 HONORARY PACE CAR DRIVER
- VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 THROWBACK PAINT SCHEME ON NASCAR.COM
- NASCAR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES RICHARD CHILDRESS, RICK HENDRICK, MARK MARTIN TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 GRAND MARSHALS