Indy Roadsters Set to Converge on Darlington Raceway
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Aug. 25, 2008) – When the Inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival kicks off this weekend Indy Roadster history will be made in the heart of stock car country.
The inaugural festival will be the site of one of the largest gatherings of original vintage Indy Roadster type cars outside of the Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races in Monterey, Calif.
“I am excited to have so many historic Indy Roadsters on our entry list for this Inaugural event,” said Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning. “The historical significance of these cars is remarkable, including three former Indy 500 winning cars, a car built by notorious NASCAR mechanic Smokey Yunick and an Indy Roadster built for Junior Johnson.”
The Darlington Historic Racing Festival will offer fans two days of excitement featuring question and answer sessions with the legends, exhibition laps by the historic race cars, autograph sessions, a large display and vendor area, car corrals, kid zone and a variety of other activities.
Don’t miss your chance to see stock cars return to Darlington Raceway this Labor Day weekend, August 30-31, for the Inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival. Tickets for the event are $15 per day or $25 for the entire weekend, kids age 12 and under will be admitted free. Camping is also available for this event, tent sites can be purchased for $10, RV spots are $25. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- MULTI-PLATINUM RECORDING ARTISTS’ KANSAS TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY GEICO
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS ‘KIDS DAY’ PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, JUNE 18
- ALMIROLA AND STP THROWBACK TO 1979 AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA DECLARES “DARLINGTON RACEWAY WEEK”
- SHELL CONTINUES HERITAGE THEME IN 2016 WITH DARLINGTON SOUTHERN 500 “THROWBACK”