2008 NASCAR Foundation Blood and Marrow Drive a Success at Darlington Raceway
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Sept. 11, 2008) – NASCAR fans once again proved that they are the best fans in all of sports during the 2008 NASCAR Foundation Blood and Marrow drive at Darlington Raceway.
The third annual drive saw a record turnout with 126 units of blood collected and 32 new donors added to the National Marrow Registry. Each donor received a NASCAR prize bag as well as a pace car ride around the famed 1.366-mile egg-shaped oval.
“We had a great turnout today and we hope to continue partnering with Darlington Raceway for this event for many years to come,” said Chasity Humphries, Donor Recruiter for the American Red Cross. “The NASCAR prize bags and pace car rides were a real treat for all of the donors.”
“The annual NASCAR Foundation Blood and Marrow Drive is a great way to give back to our local community,” said Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning. “Darlington Raceway fans are the most passionate fans in all of NASCAR and are always ready and willing to step-up and support the community in any way possible and it certainly showed today with so many donors coming out to support the American Red Cross.”
For fans who wish to purchase tickets to the events at Darlington Raceway in 2009 seat request orders are being taken to secure your spot in the grandstand of your choice. Tickets to the 2009 Southern 500®, as well as the NASCAR Nationwide Series Diamond Hill Plywood 200 will go on-sale to the general public on September 20, 2008. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- MULTI-PLATINUM RECORDING ARTISTS’ KANSAS TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY GEICO
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS ‘KIDS DAY’ PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, JUNE 18
- ALMIROLA AND STP THROWBACK TO 1979 AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA DECLARES “DARLINGTON RACEWAY WEEK”
- SHELL CONTINUES HERITAGE THEME IN 2016 WITH DARLINGTON SOUTHERN 500 “THROWBACK”