Darlington Raceway Lowers Concession Prices For Southern 500 Presented By Godaddy.Com
DARLINGTON, S.C. (May 4, 2009) – In an effort to reduce costs for fans attending the 2009 Southern 500 presented by GoDaddy.com Darlington Raceway and Americrown, the track’s concessionaire, have reduced prices on some food and beverage items and added value meals to the menu.
Highlights of the new menu include:
· Reduced price on regular all-beef hot dog to $3, a 25 percent savings
· Hot dog and fry combo meal for $5 – a $2 savings
· Cheeseburger and fry combo meal for $7 – a $2 savings
· Kids Value Meal with peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cookie, fruit roll-up and half pint of milk for $4
· Reduced price on Dasani bottled water to $3, a 25 percent savings
“We want our fans to be able to come to the Southern 500 presented by GoDaddy.com, bring the family, especially Mom, buy a Coke and a hot dog and enjoy the event without worrying about their wallet,” said track President Chris Browning. “We have the most loyal fans in NASCAR and we want to do everything we can to keep the cost of attending an event at Darlington Raceway down.”
In addition to the reduced prices fans will also notice two new signature Darlington items on the menu, the Darlington Super Slaw Dog and the Carolina Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich with Coleslaw.
Priced at $5, the Darlington Super Slaw Dog is 1/3 pound, all beef hot dog served with coleslaw and other hot dog condiments. Also new for 2009 in the Carolina pulled pork BBQ sandwich with coleslaw served on a Kaiser roll with a choice of mustard style BBQ, vinegar style BBQ or Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ and is priced at $6.
"We are working closely with our tracks to tailor menus and concession prices to better serve their guests,” Americrown President Michael Gentry said. “The economic conditions have forced everyone to take a step back and re-evaluate the way we are doing business. In the end, the fans will be better served and our business will be more efficient because of the changes we make today.”
Darlington Raceway or the track “Too Tough to Tame” as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Victory Lane. In 2009, a NASCAR tradition, the Southern 500® presented by GoDaddy.com, will return as Darlington Raceway celebrates 60 Seasons of Racing.
Be a part of history when Darlington Raceway celebrates 60 years of racing in 2009. Tickets to the 2009 Southern 500® presented by GoDaddy.com, as well as the NASCAR Nationwide Series Diamond Hill Plywood 200 are on-sale now. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- “TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD & CHEVROLET” TO TAKE PLACE ON JULY 18
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY PRESIDENT CHIP WILE TO PARTICIPATE IN CHARITY RACE AT DILLON MOTOR SPEEDWAY
- NEWSPRING CHURCH OF FLORENCE TO HOST RACE DAY 500 FESTIVAL AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY ON JULY 12
- 2014 Freedom Fest
- DARLINGTON MARATHON RETURNING ON SEPTEMBER 26-27