Yarborough And Waltrip Added To Darlington Legends Walk
DARLINGTON, S.C. (May 6, 2009) – Fans attending the Southern 500 presented by GoDaddy.com this weekend will be able to take a trip down memory lane at Darlington Raceway.
Monuments honoring the careers of Cale Yarborough and Darrell Waltrip have been added to the Darlington Legends Walk behind the Tyler tower grandstand behind the frontstretch.
Each marker is made of granite and marble, resembles a Goodyear racing tire and old style pit board and weighs nearly 2,300 pounds.
“Adding Cale and Darrell to the Darlington Legends Walk is the perfect way to honor their respective careers at Darlington Raceway,” said track president Chris Browning. “We hope fans enjoy reading about Cale and Darrell’s careers at Darlington Raceway and reminiscing about their place in history at Darlington.”
Darlington Raceway or the track “Too Tough to Tame” as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Victory Lane. In 2009, a NASCAR tradition, the Southern 500® presented by GoDaddy.com, will return as Darlington Raceway celebrates 60 Seasons of Racing.
Be a part of history when Darlington Raceway celebrates 60 years of racing in 2009. Tickets to the 2009 Southern 500® presented by GoDaddy.com, as well as the NASCAR Nationwide Series Diamond Hill Plywood 200 are on-sale now. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- START TIMES ANNOUNCED FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY RACES
- The Tradition Returns! Darlington Raceway Announces Labor Day Weekend Commemorative Ticket Design
- NASCAR and NASCAR Team Properties Select Fanatics to Operate At-Track Merchandise Business
- Darlington Raceway, Raines Hospitality Make Donation To McLeod Children's Hospital
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO CELEBRATE PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE LEADING INTO 2015 LABOR DAY WEEKEND