Darlington Raceway Unveils 2010 Southern 500 Logo
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Sept. 17, 2009) – Following NASCAR’s announcement that the Sprint Cup Series will once again return to Darlington Raceway for the sixth consecutive season the track has unveiled the event logo for the 2010 Southern 500.
The logo, developed by Jump Company, was unveiled on the track’s new website giving fans a chance to enter once a day for a ticket package to the 2010 Southern 500 weekend.
“The 2010 Southern 500 logo really incorporates the history and tradition of the Southern 500 with the Darlington Raceway brand,” said track President, Chris Browning. “In 2009 we combined two great traditions – the Southern 500 event name and night racing on Mother’s Day weekend – and had great success and feedback from our fans. We are looking forward to an even more exciting 2010 Southern 500.”
Merchandise with the new Southern 500 event logo will be available in early 2010 in the Darlington Raceway Museum and Pit Shop as well as throughout the facility on Southern 500 weekend.
Darlington Raceway or the track “Too Tough to Tame” as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Victory Lane. In 2009, a NASCAR tradition, the Southern 500®, returned to Darlington Raceway as part of the famed track’s celebration of 60 Seasons of Racing.
Don’t miss the 2009 Darlington Historic Racing Festival presented by O’Reilly Auto Parts. The event will feature something for the entire family. Tickets for the event are $15 per day or $25 for the entire weekend, kids age 12 and under will be admitted free and each admission includes access to the garage and infield area. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 843-395-8802 or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY OFFERING SPECIAL BLACK FRIDAY DEAL FOR HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON
- STRONG COMMUNITY PARTNERS SAM CARBIS SOLUTIONS GROUP, SMITHFIELD MAKE SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW A SUCCESS
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST “SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW” EVENT NOVEMBER 13-14
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! DARLINGTON RACEWAY'S BOJANGLES' SOUTHERN 500 SCHEDULED FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN 2016
- NASCAR DRIVERS JOEY LOGANO, JORDAN ANDERSON LEND SUPPORT FOR FLOOD RELIEF EFFORTS IN COLUMBIA, SC