Darlington Raceway Receives Landscape Design Award
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Oct. 19, 2008) – Darlington Raceway has received the prestigious Landscape Design Award from the Landscape Critics Council of South Carolina announced track president Chris Browning.
“I am honored to accept this award on behalf of everyone at Darlington Raceway,” said Browning during an awards ceremony. “Lee Taylor and our entire maintenance staff have worked very hard to improve the aesthetic appeal of Darlington Raceway’s landscaping over the last several years using our track allocated capital and this award is just another example that their efforts do not go unnoticed.”
The award is given annually to a business in the state of South Carolina that exhibits well manicured and unique landscape displays. The award is voted on by members of the Landscape Critics Council of South Carolina.
Darlington’s new tunnel entrance, infield camping areas, hospitality village and main administration entrance played a large role in swaying voters to select Darlington Raceway as the Landscape Design Award winner.
Darlington Raceway or the track “Too Tough to Tame” as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Victory Lane. In 2010, NASCAR’s stars return to battle the track “Too Tough to Tame” in the Sprint Cup Series Southern 500® and Nationwide Series Darlington 200.
Don’t miss any of the paint-scraping action at Darlington Raceway in 2010. Tickets to the 2010 Southern 500®, as well as the NASCAR Nationwide Series Darlington 200 are on-sale now. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA
- ‘TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD CHEVROLET’ ON JUNE 19 POSTPONED DUE TO POTENTIAL HEAT ADVISORY
- Elliott’s throwback NAPA scheme inspired by ‘Awesome Bill’ at Darlington
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST OPEN NASCAR TEST SESSION ON JUNE 10