Inaugural NASCAR Hall of Fame Class has 13 Combined Wins at Darlington
The following is a statement from Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning, on the Inaugural NASCAR Hall of Fame Class:
“This is certainly a historic day for NASCAR with Bill France, Sr; Richard Petty, Bill France, Jr; Dale Earnhardt, Sr. and Junior Johnson being voted into the inaugural class of inductees at the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
“Bill France Sr. and Bill France Jr. had the vision and passion to build NASCAR from its humble beginnings in 1948 to the sport it is today and are certainly well deserving of this honor.
“Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt, Sr. are great driver representatives for the inaugural Hall of Fame class. Richard Petty set the standard for NASCAR drivers recording 200 wins and seven championships in his career. Dale Earnhardt, Sr. had such an impressive career ushering in a new era of NASCAR all while winning seven Cup championships tying Petty’s record.
“Junior Johnson was a legendary pioneer in NASCAR first as a successful driver and later going on to own a championship race team.
“This inaugural Hall of Fame class will go down in history as one of the most influential groups in the history of NASCAR.”
- NASCAR ANNOUNCES MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP WITH MONSTER ENERGY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY OFFERING SPECIAL CYBER WEEK DEAL FOR HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES PROMOTION OF DENNIS ADCOCK TO VICE PRESIDENT OF TRACK OPERATIONS
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S UPCOMING “SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW” SHAPING UP TO BE FAMILY FUN EVENT
- GEICO EXTENDS MULTIYEAR, MULTI-TRACK PARTNERSHIP WITH INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY CORPORATION