Chris Browning Honored with Joe Littlejohn Award
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Jan. 18, 2009) – Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning, was award the prestigious Joe Littlejohn award at the 2010 National Motorsport Press Association (NMPA) convention in Concord, N.C.
Browning, who has served as Darlington Raceway President since 2004, was selected by the members of the NMPA because of his commitment and dedication to motorsports. During his tenure at Darlington, Browning has made the NMPA Hall of Fame – located in the Darlington Raceway Museum – a top priority and has overseen numerous facility improvements.
“I am very honored and humbled to have been awarded the Joe Littlejohn award,” said Browning. “The NMPA is a great organization and I appreciate everything they have done over the years to help build motorsports and honor the pioneers of our sport.”
The Joe Littlejohn award is given annually to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the NMPA and motorsports. Other past Joe Littlejohn award winners include: 1971 award winner and former Darlington Raceway Public Relations Director, Bill Kiser and current Darlington Raceway staffer Bridget Holloman who won the award in 1993. Former Darlington Raceway President and current Vice President of Corporate Communications for NASCAR, Jim Hunter won the award in 2005.
Darlington Raceway or the track “Too Tough to Tame” as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Victory Lane. In 2010, NASCAR’s stars return to battle the track “Too Tough to Tame” in the Sprint Cup Series Southern 500® and Nationwide Series Darlington 200.
Don’t miss any of the paint-scraping action at Darlington Raceway in 2010. Tickets to the 2010 Southern 500®, as well as the NASCAR Nationwide Series Darlington 200 are on-sale now. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM
- SUPPORT THE VFW’s SPORT CLIPS HELP A HERO SCHOLARSHIPS BY PURCHASING A NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE TICKET AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA
- ‘TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD CHEVROLET’ ON JUNE 19 POSTPONED DUE TO POTENTIAL HEAT ADVISORY