South Carolina Natives Pearson and Moore Headline Second NASCAR Hall of Fame Class
“This is certainly a historic day for NASCAR with David Pearson, Bud Moore, Ned Jarrett, Bobby Allison and Lee Petty being voted into the second class of inductees at the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
“This class has accounted for 19 victories at Darlington Raceway with 10 of those victories being recorded by all-time Darlington wins leader David Pearson.
“While this class is certainly deserving of recognition in the Hall of Fame, it is important not to forget about the countless other pioneers who helped make NASCAR the world-class sport that it is today.
“This is also a time to remember the extraordinary efforts of early race promoters Harold Brasington, H. Clay Earles, Paul Sawyer and Enoch Staley who took a chance on a young and relatively unknown sport and helped shape it into the NASCAR that millions of fans around the world recognize today.”
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO OFFER AFFORDABLE SOUTHERN FOOD OPTIONS FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY SERVES AS HISTORIC BACKDROP FOR TASTE OF DARLINGTON ON APRIL 21
- DALE EARNHARDT JR., NATIONWIDE UNVEIL THROWBACK PAINT SCHEME AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- Stenhouse Throws Back to Waltrip's First Win in No. 17 Car for Darlington
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY NAMES AMANDA BISHOP AS ITS NEXT “LADY IN BLACK”