SHOWTIME Southern 500 Tickets On-Sale November 13
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Nov. 10, 2010) – Tickets for the 2011 season at Darlington Raceway go on-sale to the general public beginning at 9:00 am on Saturday, November 13.
The 2011 season at Darlington Raceway will get underway on Saturday, March 12 when the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series makes its return for the Too Tough To Tame 200 for the second consecutive year.
The NASCAR Nationwide Series and Sprint Cup Series are set to make their way to Darlington Raceway on Mother’s Day weekend, May 6-7, for their annual dance with the Lady in Black.
“Everyone at Darlington Raceway is really excited about the 2011 season,” said Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning. “Next year all three of NASCAR’s National Touring Series will run at Darlington, and we will be introducing several new fan friendly programs that make it more attractive and affordable than ever to make Darlington Raceway a family tradition.”
Fans will notice several enhancements this year when ordering their tickets to Darlington Raceway, here are just a few:
• New Youth Pricing – For the first time in the track’s storied history Darlington Raceway will offer half-price reserved seats at each event for youths 17 and under. All general admission seating at the Too Tough To Tame 200 and Royal Purple 200 will be free for youths age 17 and under.
• Expanded Family Section Seating – Darlington Raceway has expanded its Family Section (alcohol and tobacco free seating) to include sections in all grandstands at the facility.
• New Cooler Policy – Darlington Raceway has increased the size allowance for personal coolers being brought into the facility. Fans can now carry in a 14 x 14 x 14 soft-sided cooler with removable hard liner. The new cooler size gives fans six times more storage for food and beverage than under the previous policy.
• Special Military Discount – Military members will pay just half price for grandstand seating at all events. Military members taking advantage of the half price seating offer for the SHOWTIME Southern 500 will also receive a special camouflage Darlington Raceway t-shirt that they are encouraged to wear on race day. Military members will be asked to stand in their seating area during pre-race ceremonies and be recognized by the crowd.
• Special Military NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Offer – A special military package is being offered for the Too Tough To Tame 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race for just $7 that includes a general admission seat and pre-race pit pass.
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
Darlington Raceway, or the track “Too Tough To Tame” as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the 2011 racing season at Darlington on March 12, 2011. On Mother’s Day weekend, May 6-7, 2011, NASCAR’s biggest stars return to battle the track “Too Tough To Tame” in the Sprint Cup Series SHOWTIME Southern 500® and Nationwide Series Royal Purple 200 Presented by O’Reilly Auto Parts.
Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA
- ‘TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD CHEVROLET’ ON JUNE 19 POSTPONED DUE TO POTENTIAL HEAT ADVISORY
- Elliott’s throwback NAPA scheme inspired by ‘Awesome Bill’ at Darlington
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST OPEN NASCAR TEST SESSION ON JUNE 10