Darlington Raceway Toys For Tots Toy Drive Raises More Than $12,000
The first-year drive was incredibly successful with more than $12,000 in toys and cash donated. More than 250 cars took a lap around the track Too Tough To Tame on Saturday.
Fans came from near and far to make donations including a couple that made the trip to Darlington Raceway from Connecticut.
“The inaugural Darlington Raceway Toys for Tots Toy Drive was a great success and I am looking forward to doing it again in 2011,” said Darlington Raceway President Chris Browning. “I am very proud of all of our fans who showed tremendous generosity today by making a donation to Toys for Tots.”
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
Darlington Raceway, or the track “Too Tough To Tame” as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the 2011 racing season at Darlington on March 12, 2011. On Mother’s Day weekend, May 6-7, 2011, NASCAR’s biggest stars return to battle the track “Too Tough To Tame” in the Sprint Cup Series SHOWTIME Southern 500® and Nationwide Series Royal Purple 200 Presented by O’Reilly Auto Parts.
Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- POKÉMON GO PLAYERS CAN EXPLORE DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- JEFF GORDON TICKET PACKAGE TO BE OFFERED FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500
- Circle Sport - Leavine Family Racing to Honor Richard Childress with No. 95 Throwback Paint Scheme at Darlington Raceway
- KERRY THARP NAMED PRESIDENT OF DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- MULTI-PLATINUM RECORDING ARTISTS’ KANSAS TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY GEICO