Darlington Raceway Donates Life Saving Equipment to Local Fire Department
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Jan. 14, 2011) – Darlington Raceway has donated life saving extrication equipment to the Darlington City Fire Department. In a ceremony on the start-finish line at the famed facility, track President Chris Browning presented Fire Chief Jim Stone and Assistant Chief Robert Garland with the new AMKUS equipment.
“The new equipment will help our department train fire fighters for emergency situations they will see in the field and save lives in the community,” said Fire Chief Stone. “We are very grateful for the generosity of Darlington Raceway.”
“The Darlington City Fire Department has been an invaluable resource at the track for many years and I am happy we were able to help them by donating this equipment,” said Browning. “I am glad that the department will be able to use this equipment to help save lives in the Darlington community.”
The AMKUS equipment will be added to the city’s new pumper truck, which was recently purchased by the department. The new $275,000 truck was put into service on December 27, 2010.
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
Darlington Raceway, or the track “Too Tough To Tame” as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the 2011 racing season at Darlington on March 12, 2011. On Mother’s Day weekend, May 6-7, 2011, NASCAR’s biggest stars return to battle the track “Too Tough To Tame” in the Sprint Cup Series SHOWTIME Southern 500® and Nationwide Series Royal Purple 200 Presented by O’Reilly Auto Parts.
Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- DENNY HAMLIN AND SPORT CLIPS TO HONOR MILITARY AT FT. BRAGG, UNVEIL "THROWBACK" SCHEME FOR DARLINGTON RACE WEEKEND
- NASCAR NATIONAL SERIES TRACKS TO OFFER FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- SOUTH CAROLINA’S OWN AND NASCAR HALL OF FAME MEMBER CALE YARBOROUGH TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 HONORARY PACE CAR DRIVER
- VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 THROWBACK PAINT SCHEME ON NASCAR.COM
- NASCAR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES RICHARD CHILDRESS, RICK HENDRICK, MARK MARTIN TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 GRAND MARSHALS