Darlington Falcons Lower State Champion Basketball Team to Serve as Grand Marshals for Too Tough To Tame 200
The Falcons recently wrapped up their season after being crowned Lower State Champions and advancing to the state championship game for the first time since 1983. The Falcons finished the season with a 24-2 record.
“We are very excited to honor the Falcons during our pre-race festivities this weekend,” said Browning. “Their run to the Lower State Championship was certainly very impressive and I know they are all looking forward to giving the start-engines command to the competitors on Saturday.”
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
Darlington Raceway, or the track “Too Tough To Tame” as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the 2011 racing season at Darlington on March 12, 2011. On Mother’s Day weekend, May 6-7, 2011, NASCAR’s biggest stars return to battle the track “Too Tough To Tame” in the Sprint Cup Series SHOWTIME Southern 500® and Nationwide Series Royal Purple 200.
Tickets can bepurchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES STAGE LENGTHS FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND RACES
- SPORT CLIPS HAIRCUTS RETURNS AS ENTITLEMENT PARTNER FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST SPRING FLING PRESENTED BY GENESIS HEALTH CARE ON APRIL 1
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO CELEBRATE DAYTONA DAY WITH COMMUNITY WATCH PARTY ON SUNDAY, FEB. 26
- NASCAR ENHANCES ON-TRACK PRODUCT WITH NEW STAGE-BASED RACE FORMAT