Darlington Raceway to Host Inaugural Run to the Rescue 5K
Run to the Rescue is sponsored by Operation Rack Rescue, an organization, founded by an Anderson (SC)-based physical therapist hoping to do more for the Breast Cancer patients and survivors he treated. Operation Rack Rescue is best known for their deer-themed t-shirt design with a playful message to help gain exposure and raise funds.
“I’m proud of the attention we’ve earned through t-shirt sales, but hope to make a larger contribution to the research and treatment of this disease – I believe the upcoming 5K will accomplish this goal,” said Greg Winburn, Operation Rack Rescue founder.
“We are very excited to host the inaugural Run to the Rescue 5K at Darlington Raceway,” said track president Chris Browning. “Many of us have been touched by this terrible disease and we are happy to help raise funds for further research.”
To participate in the 2011 Run to the Rescue 5K Run/ Walk, register using the Operation Rack Rescue website, www.operationrackrescue.com, or visit our Facebook Fan Page.
Breast Cancer is second most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women, according to the National Cancer Institute, one in eight women who live to be age 80 will developbreast cancer in her lifetime.1
ABOUT OPERATION RACK RESCUE
Operation Rack Rescue was conceptualized by an Anderson, SC, physical therapist, following years of working with patients in various stages of the cancer recovery process. Realizing that the emotional, physical and financial stresses reached past the patient to their families, this organization was formed inhopes of raising funds for breast cancer awareness and research as well as the needs of the entire family. For more information visit the Operation Rack Rescue Fan Page on Facebook.
- Sport Clips Haircuts Joins Darlington Raceway’s Tribute to the 1970’s
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM
- SUPPORT THE VFW’s SPORT CLIPS HELP A HERO SCHOLARSHIPS BY PURCHASING A NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE TICKET AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA