Darlington Raceway to Host Inaugural Run to the Rescue 5K
Run to the Rescue is sponsored by Operation Rack Rescue, an organization, founded by an Anderson (SC)-based physical therapist hoping to do more for the Breast Cancer patients and survivors he treated. Operation Rack Rescue is best known for their deer-themed t-shirt design with a playful message to help gain exposure and raise funds.
“I’m proud of the attention we’ve earned through t-shirt sales, but hope to make a larger contribution to the research and treatment of this disease – I believe the upcoming 5K will accomplish this goal,” said Greg Winburn, Operation Rack Rescue founder.
“We are very excited to host the inaugural Run to the Rescue 5K at Darlington Raceway,” said track president Chris Browning. “Many of us have been touched by this terrible disease and we are happy to help raise funds for further research.”
To participate in the 2011 Run to the Rescue 5K Run/ Walk, register using the Operation Rack Rescue website, www.operationrackrescue.com, or visit our Facebook Fan Page.
Breast Cancer is second most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women, according to the National Cancer Institute, one in eight women who live to be age 80 will developbreast cancer in her lifetime.1
ABOUT OPERATION RACK RESCUE
Operation Rack Rescue was conceptualized by an Anderson, SC, physical therapist, following years of working with patients in various stages of the cancer recovery process. Realizing that the emotional, physical and financial stresses reached past the patient to their families, this organization was formed inhopes of raising funds for breast cancer awareness and research as well as the needs of the entire family. For more information visit the Operation Rack Rescue Fan Page on Facebook.
- DENNY HAMLIN AND SPORT CLIPS TO HONOR MILITARY AT FT. BRAGG, UNVEIL "THROWBACK" SCHEME FOR DARLINGTON RACE WEEKEND
- NASCAR NATIONAL SERIES TRACKS TO OFFER FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- SOUTH CAROLINA’S OWN AND NASCAR HALL OF FAME MEMBER CALE YARBOROUGH TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 HONORARY PACE CAR DRIVER
- VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 THROWBACK PAINT SCHEME ON NASCAR.COM
- NASCAR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES RICHARD CHILDRESS, RICK HENDRICK, MARK MARTIN TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 GRAND MARSHALS