Darlington Raceway Rededicates Infield Media Center in Honor of Jim Hunter
“Hunter was such an important part of the NASCAR community and the Darlington community,” said Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning. “I know Darlington Raceway held a special place in Jim’s heart and I am happy we can continue to honor him.”
“Darlington Raceway meant so much to Jim, he looked forward to coming back to his home track each spring,” said Ann Hunter, wife of the late Jim Hunter. “I am happy that his memory will continue to live on for years to come at the track that was so special to him.”
The Jim Hunter Media Center was built in 1997 and has served as the hub of media coverage of Darlington’s race weekends ever since.
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
Darlington Raceway, or the track Too Tough To Tame as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane. On Mother’s Day weekend, May 6-7, 2011, NASCAR’s biggest stars return to battle the track Too Tough To Tame in the Sprint Cup Series SHOWTIME Southern 500® and Nationwide Series Royal Purple 200.
Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- RICHARD CHILDRESS RACING TO CELEBRATE ORGANIZATION'S FIRST PREMIER SERIES WIN DURING DARLINGTON THROWBACK WEEKEND
- GERMAIN RACING UNVEILS SMOKEY YUNICK BLACK/GOLD NO. 13 GEICO CHEVROLET SS FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY'S BOJANGLES' SOUTHERN 500
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 SCHEDULED FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN 2017
- AJ ALLMENDINGER, JTG DAUGHERTY RACING ANNOUNCE THROWBACK PAINT SCHEME FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO OFFER AFFORDABLE SOUTHERN FOOD OPTIONS FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND