Darlington Raceway Rededicates Infield Media Center in Honor of Jim Hunter
“Hunter was such an important part of the NASCAR community and the Darlington community,” said Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning. “I know Darlington Raceway held a special place in Jim’s heart and I am happy we can continue to honor him.”
“Darlington Raceway meant so much to Jim, he looked forward to coming back to his home track each spring,” said Ann Hunter, wife of the late Jim Hunter. “I am happy that his memory will continue to live on for years to come at the track that was so special to him.”
The Jim Hunter Media Center was built in 1997 and has served as the hub of media coverage of Darlington’s race weekends ever since.
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
Darlington Raceway, or the track Too Tough To Tame as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane. On Mother’s Day weekend, May 6-7, 2011, NASCAR’s biggest stars return to battle the track Too Tough To Tame in the Sprint Cup Series SHOWTIME Southern 500® and Nationwide Series Royal Purple 200.
Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY RECEIVES ‘COMMUNITY PRIDE’ AWARD FROM GREATER DARLINGTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! COMMEMORATIVE TICKET DESIGN RETURNS FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S LABOR DAY WEEKEND EVENTS
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES START TIMES
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY FOUNDER HAROLD BRASINGTON HONORED WITH LANDMARK AWARD AT 2016 NASCAR HALL OF FAME CEREMONY
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES CELEBRATION DATES FOR THROWBACK WEEKEND IN 2016