Bring-A-Kid Program Celebrates 25 Years at Darlington Raceway
The idea: offer Nationwide race tickets and Christian fellowship to families through Darlington Raceway Ministries and the Welsh Neck Baptist Association. Tyler’s response was immediate, “Let’s do it.”
The program began small and grew, quickly. Managed by Tommy and his wife Linda since its inception in 1987, Bring-A-Kid has brought over 150,000 youths to Darlington Raceway for fellowship and racing. Each package includes a Nationwide Series race ticket, hot-dog, soda and a Christian themed program prior to the race.
“Bring-A-Kid has grown to levels we could never have imagined back in 1987,” said Linda Dewitt. “Tommy and I love being a part of this program and enjoy being a part of the kid’s lives at Darlington Raceway.”
“Tommy and Linda have poured so much of their heart and souls into this program at Darlington Raceway,” said track President, Chris Browning. “Each year when they call to place their ticket order we are amazed at the number of youth they are bringing to the track.”
The DeWitts will be honored during the pre-race ceremonies of the upcoming Royal Purple 200 at Darlington Raceway.
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
Darlington Raceway, or the track Too Tough To Tame as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane. On Mother’s Day weekend, May 6-7, 2011, NASCAR’s biggest stars return to battle the track Too Tough To Tame in the Sprint Cup Series SHOWTIME Southern 500® and Nationwide Series Royal Purple 200.
Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY OFFERING SPECIAL BLACK FRIDAY DEAL FOR HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON
- STRONG COMMUNITY PARTNERS SAM CARBIS SOLUTIONS GROUP, SMITHFIELD MAKE SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW A SUCCESS
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST “SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW” EVENT NOVEMBER 13-14
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! DARLINGTON RACEWAY'S BOJANGLES' SOUTHERN 500 SCHEDULED FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN 2016
- NASCAR DRIVERS JOEY LOGANO, JORDAN ANDERSON LEND SUPPORT FOR FLOOD RELIEF EFFORTS IN COLUMBIA, SC