Darlington 101: What to Lookout for on SHOWTIME Southern 500 Weekend
“Ensuring that our guests have the best possible experience while they are here is our number one priority,” said Darlington Raceway, Chris Browning. “Everything we do focuses on that objective and we take pride in providing a unique, southern hospitality, experience.”
Fans can look forward to the following items when they converge on Darlington Raceway this Mother’s Day weekend:
• Way-finding Signage – Signage around the facility has been updated with new 3-D maps making it easier for fans to find their way around the 400-plus acre facility. Additionally, new parking lot marker signs have been added in the Petty Boulevard parking lot making it easier for fans to locate their vehicles.
• Redesigned Event Program – The Darlington Raceway Official Souvenir Program has been redesigned with value-minded fans in mind! Now only $5, each program features the same great content as previous year’s programs but also has several money saving coupons, including $10 off a purchase at Americrown souvenir stands.
• Larger Cooler Size – Fans will now be permitted to bring in coolers measuring 14x14x14 (2,700 cubic inches) – six times larger than the size previously permitted. These coolers can typically hold up to 36 cans of Coca-Cola or other beverages. Coolers must be soft-sided and be free of wheels or telescoping handles but may have removable plastic liners.
• Darlington Car Hauler Parade Presented by Nationwide Insurance – The Darlington Car Hauler parade returns for its seventh run from the Florence Civic Center, through the Darlington Square, before entering Darlington Raceway. Race Fest gets underway at 4:00 p.m. at the Civic Center and the trucks depart at 7:00 p.m.
• Extended Darlington Raceway Museum and Pit Shop Hours – The Darlington Raceway Museum and Pit Shop will feature extended hours on race week and is stocked with all of the latest NASCAR gear from your favorite driver. Coupons from the Official Souvenir Program are valid on Pit Shop purchases. Take a stroll down memory lane while you are there with a visit to the Darlington Raceway Museum and National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame. For just $5 you can see some of the most fabled cars in NASCAR’s 60-plus year history.
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
Darlington Raceway, or the track Too Tough To Tame as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane. On Mother’s Day weekend, May 6-7, 2011, NASCAR’s biggest stars return to battle the track Too Tough To Tame in the Sprint Cup Series SHOWTIME Southern 500® and Nationwide Series Royal Purple 200.
Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST ANNUAL BLOOD DRIVE EVENT ON SEPTEMBER 11
- “TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD & CHEVROLET” TO TAKE PLACE ON JULY 18
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY PRESIDENT CHIP WILE TO PARTICIPATE IN CHARITY RACE AT DILLON MOTOR SPEEDWAY
- NEWSPRING CHURCH OF FLORENCE TO HOST RACE DAY 500 FESTIVAL AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY ON JULY 12
- 2014 Freedom Fest