Crews Prepare for Long Night of Painting at Darlington Raceway
Crews will begin painting the walls at Darlington Raceway immediately following the Royal Purple 200 NASCAR Nationwide Series race and are expected to work well into the night. The re-paint will take more than 100 gallons of paint and take crews nearly six hours to complete.
While it will take nearly six hours to paint the wall, it will not take long for the wall to once again show signs of Darlington Stripes on Saturday, proving that Darlington cannot be tamed.
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
Darlington Raceway, or the track Too Tough To Tame as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane. On May 7, 2011, NASCAR’s biggest stars return to battle the track Too Tough To Tame in the Sprint Cup Series SHOWTIME Southern 500®.
Tickets can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST AMERICAN RED CROSS HOLIDAY BLOOD DRIVE ON DEC. 18
- SPECIAL BLACK FRIDAY TICKET OFFER TO KICK OFF DARLINGTON RACEWAY'S ON SALE NOVEMBER 29
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY COLLECTS THOUSANDS OF FOOD ITEMS, MONETARY DONATIONS DURING CAN FOOD DRIVE
- RENEWAL CUSTOMER ANDY BEASLEY WINS DARLINGTON’S “VICTORY LANE CELEBRATION” SWEEPSTAKES
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY NEWS: VOTING BEGINS FOR FINAL FIVE LADY IN BLACK CONTESTANTS!
No Events Found