Darlington Raceway Car Wash Raises More Than $2,000 for the NASCAR Foundation
DARLINGTON, S.C. (July 15, 2011) – Darlington Raceway resembled a full service car wash on Thursday afternoon as raceway employees headed out to pit road and washed cars to benefit the NASCAR Foundations inaugural Car Wash for Kids.
Fans came from as far as Delaware to participate in the inaugural event that included a car wash on pit road, laps around the track to dry the cars and a NASCAR Unites wristband.
“We were thrilled with the turnout from the local community,” said Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning. “The NASCAR Foundation is a charity that helps children across the country and really focuses on helping those in race track communities.”
The Darlington Raceway staff washed more than 180 vehicles and raised more than $2,000 during the car wash. All proceeds go directly to the NASCAR Foundation.
Darlington Raceway, or the track Too Tough To Tame as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane.
Tickets for events at Darlington can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY OFFERING SPECIAL BLACK FRIDAY DEAL FOR HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON
- STRONG COMMUNITY PARTNERS SAM CARBIS SOLUTIONS GROUP, SMITHFIELD MAKE SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW A SUCCESS
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST “SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW” EVENT NOVEMBER 13-14
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! DARLINGTON RACEWAY'S BOJANGLES' SOUTHERN 500 SCHEDULED FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN 2016
- NASCAR DRIVERS JOEY LOGANO, JORDAN ANDERSON LEND SUPPORT FOR FLOOD RELIEF EFFORTS IN COLUMBIA, SC