Darlington Raceway Blood Drive Helps Save More Than 400 Lives
“Our annual blood drive is a great community event that we look forward to hosting every year,” said Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning. “Race fans are passionate about helping people and it shows year after year when we pack our media center with blood donors for this special event.”
"We are grateful for the tremendous support of Darlington Raceway in commemorating the 10th anniversary of 9/11 in such a meaningful way," said Chasity Humphries, donor recruiter for the American Red Cross South Carolina Blood Services Region. "We thank the many donors who gave blood to honor those whose lives were lost ten years ago while also helping those whose lives depend on blood transfusions today."
This year blood donors were treated to a goody bag filled with a special America Red Cross t-shirt and other items, opportunity to climb a rock wall provided by the South Carolina National Guard, snacks provided by Fatz Café of Florence and of course a pace car ride around the track Too Tough To Tame.
Darlington Raceway, or the track Too Tough To Tame as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane.
Tickets for events at Darlington can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY FOUNDER HAROLD BRASINGTON WAS A TRUE PIONEER FOR NASCAR
- TONY STEWART, DANICA PATRICK, AUSTIN DILLON, RICHARD PETTY SCHEDULED TO APPEAR IN DARLINGTON STRIPE ZONE HOSPITALITY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST BLOOD DRIVE ON MAY 20
- STEWART-HAAS RACING ANNOUNCES CLASSIC PAINT SCHEME PROGRAM FOR DARLINGTON
- SIGNATURE SOUTHERN FOODS OF THE 1970’s TO BE OFFERED DURING LABOR DAY RACE WEEKEND