Southern 500 Tickets on Sale November 11
The NASCAR Nationwide Series and Sprint Cup Series are set to make their way to Darlington Raceway on Mother’s Day weekend, May 11-12, for their annual dance with the Lady in Black.
“With Regan Smith getting his first career win and Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch going toe-to-toe on pit road, the 2011 Southern 500 was one for the ages,” said track President, Chris Browning. “The Southern 500 proved once again that Darlington is the track on the NASCAR circuit that consistently produces the most exciting races for fans and competitors, alike.”
Adding to the excitement for both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup races in 2012 will be the debut of Danica Patrick. Patrick recently announced that in addition to the Darlington 200, she would also be entering the Southern 500 Sprint Cup event.
Fans will notice several enhancements this year when ordering their tickets to Darlington Raceway, here are just a few:
• Special Youth Pricing – Darlington Raceway will offer half-price reserved seats at each event for youths 17 and under. All general admission seating at the NASCAR Nationwide Series Darlington 200 will be free for youths age 17 and under.
• Expanded Family Section Seating – Darlington Raceway has expanded its Family Section (alcohol and tobacco free seating) to include sections in all grandstands at the facility.
• Special Military Discount – Military members will pay just half price for grandstand seating at all events. Military members taking advantage of the half-price seating offer for the Southern 500 will also receive a special camouflage Darlington Raceway t-shirt that they are encouraged to wear on race day. Military members will be asked to stand in their seating area during pre-race ceremonies and be recognized by the crowd.
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
Darlington Raceway, or the track Too Tough To Tame as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane. On Mother’s Day weekend, May 11-12, 2012, NASCAR’s biggest stars return to battle the track Too Tough To Tame in the Sprint Cup Series Southern 500® and Nationwide Series Darlington 200.
Tickets for events at Darlington can be purchased by calling the Darlington Raceway ticket office at 866-459-RACE or online at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets/.
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM
- SUPPORT THE VFW’s SPORT CLIPS HELP A HERO SCHOLARSHIPS BY PURCHASING A NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE TICKET AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA
- ‘TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD CHEVROLET’ ON JUNE 19 POSTPONED DUE TO POTENTIAL HEAT ADVISORY