2nd Annual Toys For Tots Toy Drive
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Nov. 29, 2011) – As we enter the season for giving, Darlington Raceway asks for your help in providing a memorable Christmas for those in need. For the second consecutive year the United States Marine Corp (USMC) Toys for Tots Foundation Toy Drive will return to the track Too Tough To Tame on Saturday, December 10th.
Donors will receive the chance to take pace laps in their personal vehicle around the historic Darlington Raceway, home of the famed Southern 500®, when they donate a new, unwrapped toy or make a $20 cash donation. This year’s event will run from 9:00am to 3:00pm on Saturday, December 10thand take place on the raceway infield. Donation boxes for the event can also be found at the Darlington Raceway Pitshop and Museum and Darlington Raceway Ticket Office until December 9th.
“We are looking forward to partnering with the USMC Toys for Tots Foundation again this year.” said Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning. “It is great to see the community come together in support of such a great cause.”
The inaugural Darlington Raceway Toys for Tots Toy Drive was a spectacular success. Over $12,000 in cash and toys were donated at last year’s event with approximately 250 vehicles turning laps around the historic oval.
Home to some of the most historic races in NASCAR history, Darlington Raceway will once again host the Southern 500® in 2012. Join us as we prepare for round two of Kevin Harvick VS Kyle Busch on May 12th.
Tickets to the May 11th Darlington 200 and May 12th Southern 500® can be purchased online at www.darlingtonraceway.com/tickets or by phone at 866-459-7223.
- BOJANGLES’ LEGENDS BREAKFAST BRINGS NASCAR HALL OF FAMERS TO DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO CELEBRATE DAYTONA 500 WITH COMMUNITY WATCH PARTY AT BUFFALO WILD WINGS ON FEB. 22
- START TIMES ANNOUNCED FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY RACES
- The Tradition Returns! Darlington Raceway Announces Labor Day Weekend Commemorative Ticket Design
- NASCAR and NASCAR Team Properties Select Fanatics to Operate At-Track Merchandise Business