David Pearson Educates Travis Pastrana on Driving
Easley, S.C. (March 31, 2012) – Darlington Raceway brought two sports legends together on Saturday with extreme sports superstar and NASCAR Nationwide Series and K&N Pro Series East driver Travis Pastrana receiving a visit from NASCAR legend and Hall of Fame member David Pearson at Greenville-Pickens Speedway.
Pearson spent time educating Pastrana on how to master driving the track Too Tough to Tame in preparation for Pastrana’s first visit to Darlington Raceway on Friday, May 11 when he competes in the Nationwide Series VFW Sport Clips Help a Hero 200. Pearson holds the most NASCAR Sprint Cup Series wins at Darlington (10) and most poles (12) among other track records.
Pastrana, who will be making just seven Nationwide Series starts in 2012 with Darlington being his second appearance, appreciated the opportunity to meet the NASCAR legend and receive advice on taming The Lady in Black.
“I appreciated all the advice he gave me,” Pastrana said. “I’m still learning the sport of NASCAR so to get some great advice today from a legend like Mr. Pearson will be extremely beneficial for me when I get to Darlington Raceway for the May 11 Nationwide Series race.”
Tickets for the VFW Sport Clips Help a Hero 200 are available with kids 17 and under free and can be purchased by calling 866-459-7223 or visiting DarlingtonRaceway.com.
- 2016 NASCAR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE TERRY LABONTE TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 GRAND MARSHAL
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY OFFERING “UNTAMED” ACCESS TO THE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY HOSTS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 MEDIA DAY AT GOVERNOR’S MANSION
- Sport Clips Haircuts Joins Darlington Raceway’s Tribute to the 1970’s
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM