Darlington Raceway To Host Teams Competing In Dixie Ponytails World Series
On Friday, 21 of the top youth softball teams in 11 states will descend upon Byerly Park in Hartsville, S.C. for the 2012 Dixie Ponytails World Series, scheduled to be held on July 27-August 1.
Before the tournament begins, however, the teams will make a stop at one of the most historic venues in the state – Darlington Raceway – to take pace car rides around the famed track “Too Tough to Tame.”
It will be one of many memorable moments the teams will experience while they visit the Pee Dee region of South Carolina. Teams competing in the tournament are representing the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
“We’re excited to do our part and showcase our facility to the players visiting for this prestigious tournament. We hope all participants competing have a good time while they visit our racetrack and the local area,” Darlington Raceway President Chris Browning said.
“We want to show these teams a nice time when they visit our area and showcase many of the attractions we have locally,” Hartsville Area Recreation Director Lee Andrews said. “What better way to show them what our area is all about then by giving them pace car rides at one of the most historic tracks in NASCAR – Darlington Raceway!”
The 37th annual Dixie Ponytail World Series is making its first appearance in Hartsville. The tournament will feature two divisions, the Traditional and X-Play, with competition beginning on Saturday, July 28. Each session is $7 for adults, $4 for kids or a complete tournament pass for $28.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST PALMETTO GOODWILL GREAT PEE DEE YARD SALE ON SATURDAY, APRIL 22
- REGISTRATIONS STILL BEING ACCEPTED FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S SPRING FLING 5K EVENT ON APRIL 1
- THIRD YEAR OF BOJANGLES’ LEGENDS BREAKFAST WILL BRING NASCAR ICONS BACK TO DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY CREATES OVER $50 MILLION IN ECONOMIC IMPACT ANNUALLY FOR SOUTH CAROLINA’S PEE DEE REGION
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES STAGE LENGTHS FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND RACES