Bridget Holloman Celebrates 30 Years At Darlington Raceway
Anytime a person can have a 30-year anniversary in life, it’s worth noting. Bridget Holloman, the longtime Darlington Raceway executive assistant, will do just that on Thursday, Aug. 9, by celebrating 30 years at the track Too Tough to Tame.
Holloman has many memories at Darlington Raceway since her first day as a full-time employee in 1982.
The Darlington native and current Hartsville, S.C. resident has witnessed many great NASCAR moments at the Lady in Black, most notably local favorite Cale Yarborough winning his fifth Southern 500 in 1982, Bill Elliott capturing the Winston Million by winning the 1985 Southern 500, Ricky Craven beating out Kurt Busch to win the Carolina Dodge Dealers 400 by .002 seconds in 2003, and the track celebrating its 60th year of racing in 2009, to name a few.
She has had the opportunity to work with many NASCAR drivers over the past 30 years, with her fondest memories coming from working with the late Dale Earnhardt Sr., a driver she respected and like many fans was saddened with his passing in 2001.
Her endless list of business relationships in the industry is second to none, ranging from drivers, owners and media to local community members and fans.
She has worked for six different presidents while at Darlington (Barney Wallace 1982; Red Tyler 1983-1991; Woody McKay 1991-1993; Jim Hunter 1993-2001; Andrew Gurtis 2001-2004; Chris Browning 2004-present). She also serves as the executive secretary for the National Motorsports Press Association (NMPA), a position she has held since 1991.
“Words can’t say enough about how much we appreciate Bridget for the contributions she has made to Darlington Raceway over the past 30 years,” Browning said. “Her efforts supporting the track and the sport of racing, is invaluable and we congratulate her on such a wonderful achievement of 30 years working for the track Too Tough to Tame.”You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
- DENNY HAMLIN AND SPORT CLIPS TO HONOR MILITARY AT FT. BRAGG, UNVEIL "THROWBACK" SCHEME FOR DARLINGTON RACE WEEKEND
- NASCAR NATIONAL SERIES TRACKS TO OFFER FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- SOUTH CAROLINA’S OWN AND NASCAR HALL OF FAME MEMBER CALE YARBOROUGH TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 HONORARY PACE CAR DRIVER
- VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 THROWBACK PAINT SCHEME ON NASCAR.COM
- NASCAR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES RICHARD CHILDRESS, RICK HENDRICK, MARK MARTIN TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 GRAND MARSHALS