Darlington Raceway To Host NASCAR For 64th Consecutive Year In 2013
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Sept. 24, 2012) – Darlington Raceway has announced that the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series will return to the track Too Tough to Tame on Mother’s Day weekend, May 10-11, 2013.
The 2013 Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 will mark the 64th consecutive year of NASCAR racing at the Lady in Black, dating back to 1950.
“We’re excited the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series will be returning to Darlington Raceway for our traditional Mother’s Day weekend in 2013,” track President Chris Browning said. “Darlington Raceway always puts on some of the most exciting racing in NASCAR and we look forward to hosting another great race weekend this May.”
Jimmie Johnson won the 2012 Bojangles’ Southern 500 in a thrilling late-race duel with defending Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart, giving Johnson his third career Cup win at Darlington.
His victory made history by giving team owner Rick Hendrick his 200th career Sprint Cup win.
Joey Logano won the Nationwide Series race at Darlington last season for his first victory at the track Too Tough to Tame.
Tickets for 2013 events will go on sale to the public beginning Friday, Nov. 16, with prices as low as $35 for the Bojangles’ Southern 500. Kids 12 and under are free in general admission on Friday and half-price for any reserved seat on either event day.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO CELEBRATE SEASON KICKOFF WITH COMMUNITY WATCH PARTY ON SUNDAY, FEB. 21
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY RECEIVES ‘COMMUNITY PRIDE’ AWARD FROM GREATER DARLINGTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! COMMEMORATIVE TICKET DESIGN RETURNS FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S LABOR DAY WEEKEND EVENTS
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES START TIMES
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY FOUNDER HAROLD BRASINGTON HONORED WITH LANDMARK AWARD AT 2016 NASCAR HALL OF FAME CEREMONY