Darlington's Williamson Park Receives Trees Due To Darlington Raceway Partnership
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Sept. 19, 2012) - A ceremonial tree planting took place at Williamson Park in Darlington, S.C. on Wednesday as part of a partnership with the City of Darlington, Darlington Raceway and the NASCAR Green Clean Air Tree Planting program.
Williamson Park received 81 trees as part of the program. NASCAR Green and Darlington Raceway donated 10 trees for every green flag that was flown during last May’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500.
Nine green flags occurred during the race resulting in a total of 90 trees being supplied courtesy of Triple R Landscape and Supply of Florence, S.C. The remaining nine trees will be planted around the racetrack property.
The tree planting program was developed to plant trees in various communities around NASCAR-sanctioned racing facilities to help offset the carbon emissions that occur during an event weekend.
Pictured left to right are: Darlington Mayor Tony Watkins (far left), Curry Belk, Jeannie Harris, Tyler Suggs and Darlington Raceway President Chris Browning (far right).
- Sport Clips Haircuts Joins Darlington Raceway’s Tribute to the 1970’s
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM
- SUPPORT THE VFW’s SPORT CLIPS HELP A HERO SCHOLARSHIPS BY PURCHASING A NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE TICKET AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA