Darlington's Williamson Park Receives Trees Due To Darlington Raceway Partnership
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Sept. 19, 2012) - A ceremonial tree planting took place at Williamson Park in Darlington, S.C. on Wednesday as part of a partnership with the City of Darlington, Darlington Raceway and the NASCAR Green Clean Air Tree Planting program.
Williamson Park received 81 trees as part of the program. NASCAR Green and Darlington Raceway donated 10 trees for every green flag that was flown during last May’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500.
Nine green flags occurred during the race resulting in a total of 90 trees being supplied courtesy of Triple R Landscape and Supply of Florence, S.C. The remaining nine trees will be planted around the racetrack property.
The tree planting program was developed to plant trees in various communities around NASCAR-sanctioned racing facilities to help offset the carbon emissions that occur during an event weekend.
Pictured left to right are: Darlington Mayor Tony Watkins (far left), Curry Belk, Jeannie Harris, Tyler Suggs and Darlington Raceway President Chris Browning (far right).
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S PALMETTO GOODWILL GREAT PEE DEE YARD SALE SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, APRIL 22
- MULTI-PLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST BRET MICHAELS TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO SPONSOR COASTAL CAROLINA BASEBALL GAME ON SATURDAY, APRIL 8
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST PALMETTO GOODWILL GREAT PEE DEE YARD SALE ON SATURDAY, APRIL 22
- REGISTRATIONS STILL BEING ACCEPTED FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S SPRING FLING 5K EVENT ON APRIL 1