Richard Petty Driving Experience Announces Right Seat Instruction Format
October 9, 2012 (Jessica Inman) – Richard Petty Driving Experience (RPDE), the worldwide leader in stock car drive and ride entertainment, announced today that it will adopt an all-new Right Seat Instruction (RSI) driving format at all 20+ track locations at which it operates, by the end of this year.
With the introduction of RSI, student drivers are now accompanied in the race car by a professional RPDE driving instructor as the student driver completes their experience. Both student driver and instructor wear Stilo helmets featuring a built-in, two-way open-mic system, allowing for clear communication, instantaneous interaction, coaching and feedback.
RSI gives student drivers the ability to make immediate changes to their driving technique, instantly improve their driving performance, and ultimately helps them “drive faster…faster.”
RPDE is the only consumer stock car driving experience in the country offering this technology.
“Customers will benefit from hearing instant feedback from their instructor while there’s still time to make adjustments on-track that will improve their driving, increase their speeds and, ultimately, better their experience,” says Rick Fedrizzi, President and Chief Operating Officer of RPDE. “First timers will get comfortable much more quickly and returners will find RSI to be an all-new experience.”
RSI provides customers with an interactive, engaging experience that requires active, thoughtful driving and allows students to get the most out of their abilities.
As the industry leader for nearly 20 years, RPDE maintained an impressive record with its previous driving experience format, “lead/follow.” However, advancements in proprietary safety technologies, combined with the two-way communication system, gave it the opportunity to offer the RSI driving format.
For more information about RSI or to reserve your driving experience, call 1.800.237.3889 or visit: www.drivepetty.com/rs
- DENNY HAMLIN AND SPORT CLIPS TO HONOR MILITARY AT FT. BRAGG, UNVEIL "THROWBACK" SCHEME FOR DARLINGTON RACE WEEKEND
- NASCAR NATIONAL SERIES TRACKS TO OFFER FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- SOUTH CAROLINA’S OWN AND NASCAR HALL OF FAME MEMBER CALE YARBOROUGH TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 HONORARY PACE CAR DRIVER
- VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 THROWBACK PAINT SCHEME ON NASCAR.COM
- NASCAR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES RICHARD CHILDRESS, RICK HENDRICK, MARK MARTIN TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 GRAND MARSHALS