Extreme Sports Legend Travis Pastrana To Race At Darlington Raceway
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Jan. 3, 2013) – Travis Pastrana, the extreme sports legend and X Games superstar, will return to Darlington Raceway in 2013, running the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at the track Too Tough To Tame for the second consecutive year.
Pastrana announced today his intent to run the full 33-race 2013 Nationwide Series schedule for legendary owner Jack Roush, which will include the Nationwide Series 200 event at Darlington on Friday, May 10.
Pastrana made a handful of starts in the Nationwide Series in 2012, which included a 17th-place finish at Darlington last May. He qualified 25th for the race, but earned his first Darlington stripe when he hit the wall during his qualifying lap, which relegated him to start at the rear of the field.
“It was very, very difficult. We got our stripe during qualifying. I was pretty nervous coming into the race. I think the guys knew I was nervous. They made me real tight all night which was okay because we stayed out of trouble, that was kind of the goal, let’s keep me from the wall,” Pastrana said after the race.
The 11-time X Games champion will drive the No. 60 Ford Mustang at Darlington, in what he considers one of the toughest tracks to race in NASCAR.
Following his Friday morning practice session at Darlington last season, Pastrana told the media, “It was the most scared I've been in a vehicle, in anything with a roll cage for sure.”
Tickets to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 on May 11 and Nationwide Series 200 on Friday, May 10 are on sale now! Remember, kids 12 and under are half off for the Bojangles’ Southern 500 and FREE for the Nationwide Series 200 in general admission sections. Visit www.DarlingtonRaceway.com or call 866-459-7223 for tickets.
- DENNY HAMLIN AND SPORT CLIPS TO HONOR MILITARY AT FT. BRAGG, UNVEIL "THROWBACK" SCHEME FOR DARLINGTON RACE WEEKEND
- NASCAR NATIONAL SERIES TRACKS TO OFFER FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- SOUTH CAROLINA’S OWN AND NASCAR HALL OF FAME MEMBER CALE YARBOROUGH TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 HONORARY PACE CAR DRIVER
- VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 THROWBACK PAINT SCHEME ON NASCAR.COM
- NASCAR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES RICHARD CHILDRESS, RICK HENDRICK, MARK MARTIN TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 GRAND MARSHALS