New Darlington Raceway President Chip Wile Meets With South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Sept. 26, 2013) – In the attached photo, new Darlington Raceway President Chip Wile met with South Carolina Nikki Haley today at the State House in Columbia, S.C.
Darlington has always enjoyed a great relationship with its home state. Wile and Governor Haley met to discuss potential opportunities that will further enhance the relationship with the state and the track, which is home to the largest attended professional sporting event in South Carolina.
The track is a major economic driver to the Pee Dee region of South Carolina, creating an economic impact of over $50 million each year.
Haley made her first visit to Darlington Raceway in 2012 for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 and participated in pre-race ceremonies as an honorary official for the race.
“What a tremendous opportunity to meet Governor Nikki Haley today and discuss how we can grow the relationship between our facility and state of South Carolina,” Wile said. “We’ve enjoyed strong support from the Palmetto State over the years and she and her administration recognize how important Darlington Raceway and NASCAR are to South Carolina.”
Darlington Raceway, or the track Too Tough To Tame as it isknown to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southernhospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane. You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
- Circle Sport - Leavine Family Racing to Honor Richard Childress with No. 95 Throwback Paint Scheme at Darlington Raceway
- KERRY THARP NAMED PRESIDENT OF DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- MULTI-PLATINUM RECORDING ARTISTS’ KANSAS TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY GEICO
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS ‘KIDS DAY’ PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, JUNE 18
- ALMIROLA AND STP THROWBACK TO 1979 AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY